TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Christmas Gaming PC

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Nov 14th 2002#78406 Report
lmao!!!!!!

but yeah, ps2's are great
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 14th 2002#78408 Report
Originally posted by Zyconium
SPEAKING OF GAMING

man I need a gamecube
metriods is coming out
ITS COMING
ITS COMING!
Can you handle it ?

Who needs that, when you have a ps2 with games like:
GTA3
GTA: Vice City
Gran Turismo 3
NHL 2003
NBA Street...
And lots more!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 14th 2002#78409 Report
Yup, I'm going to have to agree with mr. jester. I was the first in line to buy the Gamecube on launch day, but I have to say I've been pretty disappointed so far. Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2 and Eternal Darkness are the only GC exclusive games that I have enjoyed. The rest is either available (and better) on another system, or just plain garbage. And I hate FPS games on consoles, so Metroid isn't doing anything for me. If it was a side scroller or third person or something, it would be cool. But FPS on consoles is just stupid.

I rented GTA Vice City and Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers thru www.gamefly.com the other day. Should get them today or tomorrow. Yay! I had rented Vice City the night I got my PS2. It's amazing. I made the mistake of getting both GTA games at the same time though, so I didn't really play GTA III at all. Vice city is just a lot better.

Lord of the Rings is supposed to be really good too. Like Devil May Cry without the guns some people say. Just non-stop action. LotR style. weeeeeeeeeee.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 14th 2002#78416 Report
40GB seemed very low with respect to the rest..
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 15th 2002#78475 Report
Just too bad that by the time dx 9 goes stable that radeon card won't be the top of the line. the nv30 will come out and smoke it.

Don't get me wrong, the Radeon card is nice, but they have yet to one up nvidia enough to knock them off their platform
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 15th 2002#78478 Report
Originally posted by deker
Yup, I'm going to have to agree with mr. jester. I was the first in line to buy the Gamecube on launch day, but I have to say I've been pretty disappointed so far. Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2 and Eternal Darkness are the only GC exclusive games that I have enjoyed. The rest is either available (and better) on another system, or just plain garbage. And I hate FPS games on consoles, so Metroid isn't doing anything for me. If it was a side scroller or third person or something, it would be cool. But FPS on consoles is just stupid.

I rented GTA Vice City and Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers thru www.gamefly.com the other day. Should get them today or tomorrow. Yay! I had rented Vice City the night I got my PS2. It's amazing. I made the mistake of getting both GTA games at the same time though, so I didn't really play GTA III at all. Vice city is just a lot better.

Lord of the Rings is supposed to be really good too. Like Devil May Cry without the guns some people say. Just non-stop action. LotR style. weeeeeeeeeee.

Yeah. PS2 has a much wider variety of games to choose from, lots of games have been transferred over from PC too, Max Payne, Quake, UT, Doom...although FPS arent great on a console.

And PS2 is launching their whole online gaming thing. Yep.

Also when you get The Lord Of The Rings game, make sure to get the one thats in all the commercials, the one made by the people who made the movie...not the one made by the people who released the book...eeeeew.
PS2s rule all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 15th 2002#78524 Report
I got the Two Towers, not the Fellowship of the Ring. It's pretty good. Played it last night for a couple of hours. You can be Aragorn, Legolas, or Gimli, and you can play each level as any of the three. And as you gain experience, you level up and use your experience points to buy more complex combo moves and stronger weapons. There are also a lot of special features that you can unlock, like interviews with the stars of the movie, behind the scenes of the movie and making the game, etc. The first four levels are basically all the fight scenes from the The Fellowship movie, then you go into the Two Towers, and it has a bunch of clips from that movie as well. The combo system is interesting too... It's a lot like a fighting game, you get scored every time you kill someone, and it'll say "Fair" or "Awesome" or whatever, and the more impressive your kill, the more experience points you'll get for that kill. It's a really good game though. You should all rent it from www.gamefly.com! They even have a 10 day free trial so you don't have to pay if you are poor or stupid not to keep it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum