TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

hello again. I just bought a mac.

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Oct 7th 2002#72721 Report
Too many people are ignorant. I can't understand that people can make such harsh judgements about something without seeing any of the facts. The fact is, a computer is a tool. Someone already mentioned that, but what they failed to say is a Mac is a tool that fails to break. I could go on forever here, but I have a class to go to.

Peace
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2002#72729 Report
I guess you people don't understand the word PREFERENCE. I personally want to have the experience of using a Mac, cause well, I'm sick of Windows. I've played with it too long I need a new toy to play with. Preference .. Me? I don't give half a sh*t which platform I run on. If it does the work, WTH.

In the industry, pro designers use Mac why? I have no idea, I'll have to find that out myself. I don't see a problem designing on a PC, but I'd like to try on a Mac too. Ya'll are just being ignorant to judge something without actually trying it.

If you haven't noticed yet, the money you spent upgrading a PC all the damn time, would eventually tally with a Mac that's supposedly has the same power.

Key word here is Preference. If you wanna use a PC, Mac well go dig a hole and play with it there. No one's stopping you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2002#72739 Report
i was over in my friends house the other day. He bought a brand new computer with XP. He said it can't crash (now, this IS actualy true with OSX...it's unix base makes it uncrashable). Anyway, i sat down, turned off by the childish look of it....clicked a link from google.com and what do you know, it crashed.

This is just not good enough in my opinion. If you work in a graphic design consultants, you will understand why they use macs. Not only for the colour oportunities either. Cookie: go to http://mac.ign.com Nearly all games that now come out are for macs. I myself have a GeForce 4 card, and am running Deus Ex as smooth as a baby's bottom. Plus, Apple have now co-invented mpeg -4. This is the new standard for streaming.....it lets you click on a movie, it finds out what speed your modem is, then opens up QT and it plays....without streaming once. I watched a 2 hour long Apple Expo from Paris without it streaming on my 56k. Microsoft will not take this format up....they cannot accept defeat and say their similiar technology is better, but it's not, says a comparison test. The was will always live, but macs are really the choice if you're into graphics..and like having a sexy (but expensive) computer
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2002#72742 Report
My class is over and I have time to rant.

First of all I would like to know when a simple question to the mac users, on some OSX tips, turned into a heated discussion on the merrits of different platforms. Maybe Michaelp's severe lack of brain cells has something to do with it. Quite possibly Malevolent_Jester's need to answer a question that was never asked pushed the rest of the morons into "lemming mode". And as for Alpha2Cookie.... Wow.

Quite frankly. I researched the purchase of a Mac way back when I was a PC boy. They cost more. But you get more. I know people using several year old models and, from a design point of view, they are still very respectable with no upgrades. And who here can tell me that dual 1Ghz processors and PC 2700 DDR ram is something to sneeze at? cybling boy was right. Macs are simple to use. OS X is so simple and soo powerful. I'm already getting into the Unix terminal. So when all of you PC people are sitting around trying to "tweak" your box, I'll be learning a valuable skill. And as for "Losing me", don't worry malibu. I can run windows 2k pro in a window right inside OS X. I hate it, Microsoft sucks almost as much as the morons that can't hold a civil conversation, but for a few little toys, it can be fun.

Thank you. And I really wish ignorance didn't run so rampant among the general population.

Peace

Adam
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2002#72771 Report
Damn straight.

By the way, i used a PC (good ol' 486) before a mac...i would think: ugh, macs....and puke. In some ways the .switch ads are good, because they really are true. I dont see the point in buying a PC if you can run windows on a mac either...and have the style, the security and of course, the fast apps. I'm a down to earth guy, if i dont like something, i'll say it. If i dont like a site, i'll say it. You have to be straight forward in todays society. When i 1st used a mac, i was in awe. I still am, OSX is just....yummy

Now i'm ready to be bombarded by people. Bring it on..
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2002#72773 Report
I dont see the point in buying a PC if you can run windows on a mac either...

why would you buy a mac is you want to run windows? seem kinda like a dumb reason... if you want windows buy a pc, running windows on mac makes it seem that mac os is crappy (which is not) and you want windows on your mac. i see no point in running windows on a mac, its just saying windows is better if you do that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2002#72779 Report
/me laughs at all of you people. i'm with sidez on this one, it's just a matter of preference. windows machines can be just as stable as macs (atleast in my experience)
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2002#72820 Report
:o
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum