TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Weird Problem

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 9th 2001#5518 Report
This happened a little while back one time, I was on I.E. 6.0 at the time.

I went to a web site that I visited quite regularly. One day, out of the blue, every time I went to it, it would close out my browser. After a while, it just stopped...It was only with that 1 site.

Well, the other day, I went to the message board on my Disney site, and my browser closed. And it's been doing it for the last few days, every time. I've been going to it daily without a single problem, up til then.

So I thought it might be a bug in IE 6.0 (still have an early version on my 98 drive), so I reverted back to IE 5.5, but still the same problem.

Even does it with Netscape. I dont get it.

Anyone with any ideas?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 9th 2001#5535 Report
*thinking out loud*

try deleting
-Cache
-temp files

that shouldn't explain why it happens in both IE and NS, but stranger things have happened.

another few things...
How up to date is your Virus software?
Have you accepted any Zipped files from unreliable sources?

Not saying thats your problem, but I had a friend wind up with a "backdoor" and someone was...

exiting applications
opening cd
even shutting down her puter

The only reason she figured it out was they got brave and printed something on HER printer....remotely
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 9th 2001#5537 Report
I dump my cache daily, but if it was that, it should effect all sites, not just my message board.

Everything is up to date on this comp, and it's pretty well secure. I don't download from unreliable people\sources.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6232 Report
Go to
http://www.pcjar.com
and post your problem there....they can help a lot...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6272 Report
That happened to me once - for about a week i couldnt get into a site I visited regularly (it worked everywhere else and for everybody else) but not for me.

I got really frustrated and called my ISP, after convincing the lady on the help desk it worked elsewhere and i wasnt just some kind of moron 1st time internet user she put me onto one of there net admin doods - after a short conversation with him they found out it was a routing problem that they didnt know about there end and everything was working fine again later that day....

so there ya go
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum