TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Nother Pank Ripper?

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27996 Report
What do you think?

http://www.absolutecross.com

kind of a pank/Guistuff rip ?

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 23rd 2002#28001 Report
:o
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 23rd 2002#28015 Report
Well honestly I must say that I can't bitch about that too much. That is from a tutorial that I made. They made the graphics themselves, thus no rip. That is why I don't release too many secret technique tut's ;) I did think GUI stuff as soon as I saw the site though. But, I'd give them the benifit of the doubt.

Not the most creative but give them credit for at least making their own graphics... I'd call a rip when somebody actually steals stuff. It's a fine line but I don't get exited unless they actually steal. If they have the talent to make their own gfx then it's best to at least try your own style.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 23rd 2002#28018 Report
Yah. What Pank said.

Even if they did a direct screen cap of that pank button tutorial, its not like Pank can do anything about that. He gave away the secrets to creating it with a tutorial, so it "could" be legit.

IMO, its colored far too closely/exactly to pank's button and looks just about like his did, so I'll say it is a rip of that button. But its still from a tut, so no harm can be called.

Haven't they ever heard of hue/saturation controls?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 23rd 2002#28026 Report
It IS too similar for my tastes to guistuff.com however. I dunno, just alot of little things that make them seem on the whole totally uncreative. I've never been a fan of AB and their designs but atleast, from what i saw atleast, they were their own.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 23rd 2002#28029 Report
It does look alot like Guistuff, but moran did have a tutorial on how to make that "look". So there again... I don't think it's a direct rip.

The same design... but I think they made the graphics. (except maybe the Pank pages button like Mr.B said I think it was a screen cap too)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 23rd 2002#28032 Report
I think this case we can agree that while they have full right to use the effect, the actual shape and look of the site is too much like guistuffs.

I dunno, i bet anyone looking at the site will think of guistuff. that sort of defeats the purpose of having your own design,
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 23rd 2002#28048 Report
http://www.teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2716

mentioned before. i think there's 2 links here using pank's tut. Think of it as a compliment Pank, people like your technique a lot! :D

//edit// Wow, http://www.spoono.com/ they should have kept pank's logo, now the whole site is broken up, its not being looked after, broken jpgs etc. It looks terrible.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum