TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

teamphotoshop rip

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6975 Report
Nix, my dear, both the programs that you said you can't afford can both be downloadable in a trial version.

How's this...I can't afford a car...so i'll just go steal it from you and then go tell you i'm sorry i took your car but I wanted to look cool in it and i can't afford to buy another...

hmmm...

~*~
Tisha
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6978 Report
Originally posted by DigitalTLC
Nix, my dear, both the programs that you said you can't afford can both be downloadable in a trial version.

How's this...I can't afford a car...so i'll just go steal it from you and then go tell you i'm sorry i took your car but I wanted to look cool in it and i can't afford to buy another...

hmmm...

~*~
Tisha

I know that they offer trial version of the programs but they only last for a month and I've already used them. I know it's a lame excuse. It's just a hoby of mine to make web pages and I only know the basics of html, not much more. And you can't compare it to stealing a car, more like making a photo-copy of a document or downloading an mp3, which you have probably done many times. At the bottom of my page I'm going to add a line that explains that the web design and images belong to http://teamphotoshop.com . ... I'm just trying to get better at something so that I can one day make my own and I would be honored if someone thought my site was worth to be ripped.:rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6980 Report
LOL @ "How's this...I can't afford a car...so i'll just go steal it from you "

*alternate conversation*

Wow, Tisha....
you did Starbucks.....
and Misery.....
Hell, my wife has been secretly in love with you for years.

*end alternate conversation*
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6981 Report
It's not a hobby of yours to MAKE web pages, because you've never made a web page. You just stole one. You also stated that you are just trying to get better at web design, which you will never do if you only steal other people's work. It's called plagierism. (sp?) It doesn't matter if you post 300 links back to teamphotoshop.com, you are still stealing a design that he put many hours into making. Yeah, it's like mp3's, but that's illegal too. Even by posting links back to teamphotoshop, you are only discrediting yourself and making yourself look dumb. "Hey, I can't make my own graphics, so I stole this other guys... Uh, here look at his site." You are also discrediting Pank (the creator of teamphotoshop). What if someone came to your site without knowing about Pank's? They may think that you are a wonderful artist, at which point I'm sure you would take the credit. Don't try to tell us you wouldn't. If you wouldn't do that, you wouldn't have stolen the graphics in the first place. You would be satisfied with your own crappy graphics without stealing someone elses to make yourself look good. So anyway, then that person may come across Pank's site and think that he stole them from you, which makes him look bad. I know you said you are going to put a line on there giving him credit or whatever, but that is a bunch of crap. Most people will probably never read that. Just take the site down and have the guts to try and make your own, no matter how crappy it is. You will never learn by stealing other people's work. Everyone's work sucked when they first started, and so will yours. But THAT'S how you get better, by making yourself better. Not by stealing from others to make yourself LOOK better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6982 Report
By the way, here's a handy dandy little form to report people who are violating Yahoo's Terms Of Use, which include posting copyrighted material (Pank's site) which you do not have the rights to.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/v/alert.html

I suggest everyone submit a complaint that he is using Copyrighted material without owning the rights.

Sure it won't stop him from doing it again on another server, but it's the least we can do.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6983 Report
well.. it seems our friend has decided to change his layout.. wonder who he ripped it from this time..

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6984 Report
I've changed my web site back to its original form but I need someone to lend me a hand. I know that it was wrong and that I should have never done it in the first place. I want to be able to learn more about web design and would greatly appreciate it if one of you, out of the kindness of your heart or out of pitty, would lend me a hand and sort of guide me through your web design knowledge and help me get off to a better start that the one I took.

It would mean a great deal to me.

Thanx and sorry again for all the trouble
.:NIX:.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6992 Report
tornupinside:

Nah, those were just school projects.

I didn;t make that more apparant when posting my portfolio (other than the name client is in ""'s) hehe

I WISH I did something for Stephen King, though.

Unfortunatley, the only thing "real" in that portfolio is my webpages

I'll take your comment as a compliment, though. =)))

~*~
Tisha
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6993 Report
nix:

you did the right thing by taking it down.

...you really don't want to be labeled a ripper in these internet worlds. it'll suck

~*~
Tisha
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 30th 2001#7182 Report
he ripped...he admitted it...he thought that since he can't afford the tools it was alright to steal it...My friend...he is already labled. Taking it down does nothing now. But hey, Yahoo would be fun to email about violations of the TOS.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum