TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Those on dial-up

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 6th 2001#5272 Report
Could you do me a favor and tell me how the monorail train runs on my Dis site on dial-up?

I redid it, to cut some KB's, and it runs just fine on my machine & connection, but not sure if it runs too slow on dial-up. Or skipping or whatever.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2001#5273 Report
Looks pretty good to me, but then again I didn't think it took that long to load before. Were dial-up people having problems with it being jerky or something?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2001#5274 Report
Well, my brother is on dial-up, but he's also on an old friggin 75 Mhz, and he said it was kind of jerky\fuzzy looking.

It was originally 19 k, I just wanted to get it down as much as possible (doing alot of optimizing to the site, thumbnails and stuff, since I've gotten ImageReady).

Optimized the monorail images before I imported them. It's 8 k now, so it helped a little.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2001#5288 Report
Hey Mobile,
It works pretty smooth on my new and drastically unimproved 28.8k connection. No jerks...no fuzz. Sorry about your site getting ripped. I think the dude took it down cuz the link doesn't work anymore.
Later,
Justin
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5316 Report
Thanks for checking. If it runs smooth on 28.8 it has to be ok. :D

Hmm wow you're right. It was still up yesterday. Wonder if it was the flood of emails or the fact he found out I was local to him. Either way, that's good news. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum