TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Any NAPP Members?

Page: 1 Reply
May 31st 2001#4764 Report
is anyone a member of the National Association of Photoshop Profesionals (NAPP) ?

Got a trial issue of their mag, but its kinda scrawney,(about 80 pages) and Im just curious as to wether it gets any better?

Also are the benefits worth the cost?

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4772 Report
I'm not a member but i've gotten a few back issues of their mag before

Ok this is the deal, you aren't buying the magazine, your buying memebership to their club and getting all those deals and info, the magazine is suposed to be a "wait, and theres more" type of thing....

Of course many people just join NAPP because of the magazine alone and everything else is a "wait, and theres more" type of stuff *L*.

Whatever, I like the magazine, but i'm guessing through various mailing lists and newsgroups you could -=maybe=- find all the infomation....and for free. But if your a photoshop geek its worth it
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4823 Report
thanks for the feed back

still don't know if its worth the 100 buck charge though.. :(

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4824 Report
I think ยต23 is, but don't quote me.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2001#4842 Report
I'm a member and actually my year is just about up. Here is my honest opinion.

The magazine has some very cool Photoshop stuff. But, you can pick up or browse the magazine at Barnes & Nobles.

The website and online features were not quite what I expected. I thought there would be more Photoshop guru'ing stuff and thought there would be these top secret tutorials that no one had ever seen before.

Is it worth the $100? I'd say that is up to you. You can get the magazine at stores so if that's all your into I'd say skip it. If you want deals, and membership stuff I'd say try it out. I'll admit I didn't use any of the member perks such as deals or discounts on stuff so maybe I missed out on that.

As far as Scott Kelby, I've emailed him back and forth a few times and he was nothing short of being a hell of a nice guy...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2001#4859 Report
i ordered the trail issue, and thought it was pretty cool. The only reason i would join is to get the magazine, and thats not worth 100 clams, thats for sure. I'll probably just buy a few from the bookstore, thats all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum