TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Page: 1 Reply
May 29th 2001#4544 Report
Yes I am one of the dinosuars using a dial-up connection. I just bought my new house only to find out I can only connect at ~28k. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
So....if any of you would like to donate to the "Justin is inflicted with a miserably slow connection fund".......LOL
Later, Justin
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4718 Report
Justin, I had about the same problem when I moved in this place. I asked a dude down the road that works for the local phone company what I needed to do.
He came up to the house and did "some kind" of test and gave me some numbers I couldn't understand and then in plain english he said.
"Go to the hardware store, get some phone line wire and replace the wires from the "point of entry" to ALL the phone jacks and you'll be up to snuff."

At the time I was like: "Holy Cow!"

but then he suggested....just run a new wire from the point of entry to the jack you use for dialup
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4720 Report
::hugs his cable modem:: :D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4773 Report
My frirst modem was 1200 baud, be afraid, be very afraid.

Now i have DSL, which Pac Bell are A-holes about fixing when its down.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4821 Report
hah, DPQ, I know how you feel. My first modem was 1200, which I actually still have in my closet somewhere. When I got a 9600 I thought I was really rollin on the info superhighway then. :D

Dang...thats been years and years ago. My 1200 baud on a comp, that wasn't even 286, lol....i think it was an, err, 8088? Something to that effect. I still have 2 or 3 of those too. :eek:

edit

Man, that really made me start to think. I take emails for granted nowadays because I can send 100's off a day with no thought.

I remember when I was on Prodigy, back when AOL was just an idea in Steve Case's mind. You got 30 emails free, and got charged 0.25 per email over that, per month. And on Compuserve too, when it just looked like an IRC program.

And they both only gave you so many hours of time, and for every hour over you went, cost you $4.95/hour.

Alot of these just now early teens are quite lucky. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum