TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My Portal

Page: 1 Reply
May 24th 2001#4168 Report
ok, here's the deal. I am bored with having a site up that only hosts my stuff. I want to set up a site that will get traffic. I want to do both Computer/Internet News as well as Articles about Graphics Trends, Internet Trends as well as stuff like Programming, Webdesign and other things.

So, if you want to be in on it, let me know. email - [email]oblivion@oesm.org[/email] or icq 20369051. And before you say "its been done before" thats why we will have to find our own niche that noone else has done.

I will start setting the backend up for the site tonight, then editing php templates so that it has our own custom look to it.

Keep in mind, I may grant some folks different rights to the admin side of the site, so if you get low rights, its not because I dont like you =).

All opinions are valid, so let's hear em.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2001#4183 Report
I think it's a good idea. I think you chose the right thing by posting it in this forum, since we have a lot of different types of people, and of course, you are going to want a lot of different types of things.

And yes, it's been done before.....but never very well or very interesting......
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2001#4191 Report
mattboy, I uninstalled icq, for it annoys me. I will get AIM later on tonight, so if you have that, look for me by the name Axiom
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2001#4195 Report
Hey Oblivious/Axiom.....did you notice below your posts, it has your ICQ and AIM things......all I have to do is click your AIM guy to add you......

I just got AIM about 3 days ago.......have yet to even try it.

Just got it because a cousin of mine couldn't figure out ICQ (lol, oh well). It made me cringe to get it, all because of the whole "America Online" thing.......but I'll probably get over it.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2001#4207 Report
actually, I am trying to find a good im system. Icq pisses me off to no end. AIM sucks, I dont like having to open a chat window for every person. MSN kinda blows too.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2001#4214 Report
you can at least make AIM look good by skinning it. Well, it's not really skinning it, i shouldn't say that. You need a little program call eXeScope500. You can open up the .dll file and edit the gifs and the bmps. You can change the advertisement pictures, all the buttons, icons, what have you. The only downside is that your new pictures have to be limited in size. for example, the picture on the sign-on screen has to be like 3.01 kb or less. yeah bummer. Found this technique at: www.carbonfour.com/tutorials/aim/
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum