TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Domain name help!

Page: 1 Reply
May 22nd 2001#3966 Report
I am trying to set up a domain name for my newest site creation and need help setting up my new domain name over at:

https://registrar.godaddy.com/

And It ask for something called a NAMESERVER for my DNS information, since this is my first time ever setting up a domain name for a web site I am not sure what a Nameserver is and hope someone can help me out in this forum, I am useing a fre web space service at the moment but plan to purchase web space for the site soon. the service I am currently useing for my web hosting is:

www.freeservers.com

If there's anyone that can provide me with a little insight on how to find out what my nameserver is I would be most grateful...

the site I am getting a new domain name for is:

www.psarchive.8m.com

and the new domain name I want to give it will be :

www.psarchive.com (or .net or .org)

Thx for any help provided..

P.S. I could use an answer to this topic ASAP. thx.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2001#3967 Report
You're lucky I use to have my domain at FS until I got real and moved to real hosting.

You need to give godaddy this info:

NS3.FREESERVERS.COM 208.185.127.163
NS4.FREESERVERS.COM 208.185.127.168

NS3 is the primary server, the equal IP is the primary IP. NS4 is the secondary server, the equal IP is the secondary IP.

psarchive.com will 'mask' over psarchive.8m.com so you dont need to worry about that subdomain. Once everything is moved, you're FTP login will be psarchive.com then your user\pass.

If you still have problems, contact me @ [email]mbb@visualintensity.com[/email] and i'll do my best to give you a hand....just give me time to respond as I've been busy and doing 1000 things at once.

Both .com's you see below were hosted there before I got real hosting.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum