TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

A small request

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 25th 2001#2335 Report
To those who post graphics, etc in the graphics section of the forum. Please be nice to those who use dial up and make a link to the image instead of posting the picture. Clicking on a link for a thread and having it take 5 minutes to load makes me just click the back button and ignore it.

Please be nice to the Dial up users.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2363 Report
I'm on dial-up also and I'm right there with ya.

However if you put it in as a clickable link I'll click it and do something else and then come back and look at it after it loads.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2366 Report
Yes, I see your point. All I'll say is you guys moderate yourself and if it becomes a problem I'll step in.

I don't mind images in posts if they are not huge. The same goes for sigs. Please, Please don't have HUGE sig's. Both in graphic size (height and width) and actual file size...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2367 Report
I'm glad you noticed that 145 KB sig. I meant to say something, but got sidetracked and forgot.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2371 Report
Private message has been sent as of a few days ago...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2372 Report
All I have is the text sig "—µ23", but I find it interesting that it only shows up occasionally, and I don't ever change my preferences. Mysterious......

As for everybody else's sigs...I have my prefs set to never load them, so I don't have to wait, nor do I ever see them. So please don't expect me to comment on you sig image, folks, because I don't let them load.

Dial-up stinks, and so does Comcast and Verizon for taking so bloody long to bring broadband to my doorstep.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2384 Report
Lets see,

5 years ago, the local cable company said
"In 3 years cable will be available to every household in ____ county"

Well, last year there were taken over by another company that made a bunch of promises. I live in a VERY rural area and we will prolly NEVER have cable.
I went and watched a demonstration on the "DSS" type internet feed. *not impressed*
I guess I'm just stuck....
On an upside, the telephone company has been upgrading our lines for about 2 years. I've noticed a small change for the better in my dial-up connection speeds....I regularly get 40,000 now. ;)
Woohooo, yippie! *sarcasm*
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2391 Report
I also am in a very rural area.

NW Iowa is about as rural as it gets. I live in a city of 11,000 (Which is a city to me, since lived in a town of 195 people for 18 years). And we got cable here in August because the local cable monopoly was going to get some competition from a city-owned cable company, so they both added cable internet.

Now in a city of 11,000 people, 2 diff choices for a cable internet provider is AMAZING!

So if we have hope, so does everyone!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2397 Report
Actually, I have cable at home. But at work and friends houses where I spend alot of time hanging out, they have dialup and a t1. The t1 is ok, but dial up stinks.

This was actually in comment to some folks posting 1024x768 and larger sized images. It was based on the facts that

1) I dont like to scroll over to read the posts and replies underneath that thread.
2) Dial up users may be prone to move on and not view your work. Whereas if you link it, we can open it in a new window and continue on with what we are doing while the graphic loads.

Utopian23, you will be much better off if you can one day get verizon, from what I have heard they are doing everything they can to not over populate nodes that users attatch to. Comcast on the other hand tries to throw everyone they can on a node.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum