TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Microsoft is one step closer to ruling the world....

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19169 Report
This is unreal... check out this article.

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-7655334.html?tag=mn_hd

They seem quite determined to dominate the entire internet, no matter what they have to do to accomplish it.

It's obvious it's not a real technical problem that is blocking Netscape, Mozilla and Opera from viewing the MSN page... Microsoft is just blocking any browser other than its own, and saying it can't render the page properly... Yeah right.

Good ol' Microsoft is always pushing for web standards... (their own)

Can't wait to get my Mac....
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19170 Report
deker...

There's a pretty cool little hack that's very easy to do if you're using a Mac. You can open up Communicator (and probably Explorer, Opera and iCab as well) and change the string it sends to a website to fool it into thinking you're using something other than the browser you're actually using.

I suppose the same thing would be possible under windows, but I can't image it would be as easy to do as it is on a Mac.

Man, do I loathe macro$uck.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19173 Report
Awesome. I love Macs. And I don't even have one yet...

Oh yeah, thanks for that e-mail by the way, Utopian. That helped a lot, just never got around to writing back. I think it did help convince me that I want to get one when I can afford it though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19177 Report
No problem, D.

I'm always happy to push somebody off the fence.

Not only is the grass greener over here, it requires less mowing and weed killer.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19180 Report
Yeah, I'm excited about it. Those Titanium Powerbooks are really expensive though... I wouldn't mind an iBook, except for the tiny screen. I really like the looks of that 15.2 inch screen on the 'TiBook'. I really need to see one in person... I've only see the iBook in person. No CompUSAs or anything around here that I know of. When I do get one, do you recommend going with OS X? I run mainly just photoshop, FTP of some sort, Topstyle for CSS, and I guess Dreamweaver. But I could probably do without that. After getting TopStyle, I kinda like hand coding...
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19181 Report
/me wishes he had the money to buy a mac
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19182 Report
I look forward to using OS X full time, but I won't commit to it on my main production Macintosh until everything I use (Photoshop, Illustrator, Pagemaker, QuarkXPress, TypeStyler, as well as plugins and the essential Extensions and Control Panels) are all authored to run native in OS X. And I don't see too many small- to medium-size print shops or service bureaus jumping on board until that happens either. It usually takes them even longer to upgrade since their bottom lines depend on production efficiency. Tweaking an entirely new environment just isn't productive.

I'll experiment with it on my iMac, but for real work, I'll stick to OS 9, because I have my system tuned so it's super-stable and lets me work with practically zero interruptions...my present system has been that way for well over 4 years.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19183 Report
Yeah I can understand that. Same reason most people aren't upgrading to XP. (they never should, actually)

OS X is so pretty though...

By the time I get one I'm sure all the apps will be switched over anyway. So I'll be good to go.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19187 Report
i have been sayin to my friends who keep saying microsoft are such money hogs and I say, just wait until there is Microland, I will move there because I like them. Then they look at me like:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 26th 2001#19201 Report
Well I'll tell you boys what. I just attended the Microsoft Windows XP launch today in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and it was one of the coolest things I've seen. I've been using XP for about 2 months now, but I never really played with the features. (Although the Beta did not have as many features anyways), but with XP, you don't have to worry about your old applications not running. If your old Windows 95 app doesn't run, you can change the options for that program to "trick" it into thinking that it is running in Windows 95.

So freakin' what if Microsoft wants people to use their products. Every single company in the WORLD wants people to use it's products and NOT their competitors. Why do you people hate Microsoft? I will never understand. You get mad because they don't give away the code that they paid 10,000 employees to make, because they are not open-source like Linux. If you hate Microsoft so much, why are you visiting MSN and why do you care?

Piss off....
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum