TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Site Design

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 13th 2001#1563 Report
What is a favorite type of site style you all have? I'm heading towards spacey/futuristic stuff but I wanna get some ideas first. I want this site to prove that you can build a cool site with only photoshop.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2001#1570 Report
Everyone has their own style, that is what makes a good designer. Do something that only you do. Use hard lines, use dark colors, use light colors, use lots of curves, use lots of blurs....it's all you buddy.

Go with what you like.
Dig deep into your head....

This might sound stupid, but JUST before you fall asleep, think about what looks cool. You are in that half-dream state, and you can come up with some pretty creative shit.

Trust me, that is why my site changes every 4-5 days.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2001#1571 Report
And I wouldn't actually say that you can do it with ONLY Photoshop.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2001#1579 Report
is when I come up with my best ideas! Too bad I always forget about them when I wake up the next day. :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2001#1580 Report
That's exactly why I've been doing graphic design for more than 6 years an STILL don't have a mickey-fricken website up.

That is bad. I'm my own worse enemy and the biggest/harshest critic towards my work.

I'm constantly working on it.

Don't limit yourself to using just photoshop though.... I use illustrator for the logos and general layout, then bring it into photoshop or streamline - then finally into dreamweaver. :P

Now I'm trying to learn flash....

After seeing that 2advanced SOTW, I'm beginning to think if I should wait for the NEXT major breakthrough in graphic apps.

(excellent work).

~a a r o n i o u s
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2001#1582 Report
Well i get the best idea when i am depressed the reason being i become very poetic but the problem is most designs turn out dark. But when i am hyper sometimes i make radical changes to any pieces of work but it looks good.

2advanced isnt using latest tech, they used swift3 for some of there stuff which has been around for awhile just not as well known as macromedia and adobe.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1594 Report
I'm not in awe of the software he used... I'm awed because I've never seen it done so well before. Whether it be flash and/or swift3d.

~a a r o n i o u s
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1600 Report
Thanks a lot. I am using stuff besides Photoshop and Imageready. I'll try that right before I fall asleep idea tonight, right after I watch the Invisible Man on Sci-Fi, that should provide me with some good material. He-he.
But what I think is more important than site design is site content.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1602 Report
But without a good design, some people could give a shit less what's on the site.

If I see an old mid-90's style site, with 57 animated gifs on the index page, I could give a shit less WHAT is on that site.........

Call me prejudice, call me what you will.....so I'm an asshole......big deal....
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1640 Report
Ah! What a great nights sleep. Went to bed at one woke up at 10:15! I do have an idea for my site now, its pretty far fetched which will make it even more fun to make. It'll be in the showcase when I have a primitive design. And as for you...mattboy_slim. Have you ever been to www.actionxchange.com ? It is a site that gets thousands of hits a day (It would get more but the owner is renovating) and it has an old simple design.
If you go there check out Sdraw's actions.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum