TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

need some help

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 12th 2001#1496 Report
hello

im new to the whole photoshop/ webdesigning fiasco (is that how u spell it ?.. anyway) though i have been interested for a while. my problem is that my teacher (history) assigned a project where we have to research a topic (scopes trial) and make a website about the topic telling about it and what not... the problem here is that... i am a complete newb to designing websites!! i dont know how to do any of this stuff and i was just looking over some previous posts from u guys saying u use notepad for your html program.. well dam*! ok got a lil excited for a second there

i have
photoshop6
frontpage2k (dont know how to use it)
-------
i need to know what is a good program to use to make websites but can be used by a complete newb, where i can learn how to make some interfaces in photoshop(seems to be giving me the most trouble)

i really need your help guys so please respond with any info. thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------
..................[[*_*]]
.....................| |
. - - - - =:::;:::
....................||
....................U
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2001#1504 Report
And FrontPage is not very hard at all for a newbie to use. It's prob a decent way to start off with, until you can learn all the HTML. (IF YOU'RE IN A HURRY TO GET THE PAGE DONE...I don't want all those NotePad people getting on my ass here). Although I wouldn't learn the HTML from FrontPage's output, because they add a lot of little pretty un-neccessary things.

But if you want to learn FrontPage, I have a book for it that I'll sell ya' for $5.

Brand new, used for about 3 days. It starts with the basics and by the end it's into rollovers and shit.

If you are interested, email me--can send next-day air.

stanzel@ispchannel.com

Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2001#1505 Report
And if you are a newbie, I probably wouldn't suggest trying to jump right into interfaces. You'll just end up getting frustrated.

I'd start going through the tuitorials on this website first.

I'd just start out with the simple stuff and work your way up from there. Make sure you can do the basics 1st.

You don't learn to shoot a gun by going to war.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2001#1512 Report
for a $5 item? Won't shipping cost more than the book? lol Just curious.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2001#1522 Report
Oh, I'm sure of it. Next-day air is like $6.00.

I wasn't assuming that he'd actually take me up on the offer, because you can buy a good FP book for about $25-30. Unless you want a REALLY good one that goes into a lot of depth which will set you back about $70.

But my the time most people get to the advanced point, they're not gonna' wanna' use FP anyways.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum