TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

5 years - 1000 posts later...

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Aug 27th 2007#178041 Report
I've been thinking lately, is it possible that the era of the message board might be drawing to a close?

With the message board/forum, there's a tacit lack of immediacy that is seemingly so necessary in modern internet communication that frankly, few people have the attention span for anymore.

Personally, I like the organic nature of posting a discussion topic, and actually watching the directions that it takes. You can discern different trains of though w/ in it, like being in a room, having multiple conversations going on, all somewhat related, but different depending on who latches onto what train of thought going on at a given moment.

I don't know. Call me old fashioned, but this is my preferred means of internet conversation. The people on my AIM list are all generally personal friends who I'd just as soon call on the phone, or go meet-up with than sit and type to back and forth.

That, and you'd assume/hope that when someone sits down to type out a reply that they're going to give it a little more thought than the typical non-sequitirs that litter chat rooms and IM conversations.

But hey. I've been wrong before. Once. I silenced anyone who had knowledge of the event.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 27th 2007#178045 Report
But hey. I've been wrong before. Once. I silenced anyone who had knowledge of the event.

Does that mean we're all in danger now? :D

I'm not sure how I feel.

I recently have spent some time in a large active forum. My purposes are long term, to use it for a marketing tool for the publishing company in which I am a principal. I know (from time here) that I need to put in a little face time now, to have benefits later--forums typically see SPAM as taboo. But, I find this forum has the same problems that all forums do. There's somebody who's always argumentative. There's somebody who always has to try and make anyone else sound like an idiot. There's the newbie traffic full of txt msg grmr. There's the clicks that don't want to respond to you because you're an outsider. I guess it's part of the culture of internet 'societies'.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 13th 2007#178159 Report
dude, thats awesome that u've gotten 1000 posts
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 3rd 2007#178291 Report
Uuh, I get strange flashbacks from this place :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 11th 2007#178564 Report
I remember this place in its heyday and all the other messages boards I used to frequent and I really do have to agree, the internet has moved into a different direction leaving the message board behind.

Blogs allow the people who would post more frequently to have their voices heard and the smaller voices to branch off via comments, same with social networking sites and social news sites such as Digg.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Although, here I find myself clicking away at my keyboard on a message board...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum