TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Do you think Photoshop should be so expensive...

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 29th 2007#177246 Report
... There is no doubt that in it's product category Photoshop is the best product out there, but do you think Adobe can justify it's price?

There are much cheaper alternatives which have gotten much better over recent years, such as Paint Shop Pro... I think a lot of potential Photoshop users are put off by the initial price and that you can only get two upgrades when you buy the product.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2007#177430 Report
Well it is a professional level application, not really meant for home/hobby users. That's why they made Photoshop Elements, priced and designed for home users. So, that kind of takes care of the dilemma right there. If you don't have the money, then get the Elements version.

But yes, it is too expensive.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2007#177440 Report
I started out with elements when it can free with either a camera or PC I can't remember, it was a good introduction to Photoshop and actually has a lot of useful features.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2007#177441 Report
In the view of a programmer as me,
the price should not be too low as no one will want to write new software out.
And research & development need many fund to go on for years and years until a successful product woulfd come out...............
An long long way to run ................
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2007#177451 Report
I think the other problem with it is the fact that so many people bootleg it / download it illegally... makes it hard for Adobe to make the money.

I personally think the price is a little steep, but luckily (I think) you can get student versions. My uncle is an employee so I got mine for ubercheap, so I can't really complain.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2007#177457 Report
Hey, the reason people bootleg it is BECAUSE it costs so much.

But yea, its a lot of money, so a lot of people bootleg it. I started with Gimp and I would've bootleged it myself, but I actually got it legally.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum