TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Layout Coming...

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jun 19th 2007#177115 Report
A bit more work has been done ... The homepage is nearly there... In fact the whole site is nearly there, should be finished today.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2007#177116 Report
Looks a lot better!

I think the typography could be a bit better, feels a bit clunky now. And maybe some of the standard sections like 'news', 'from the forums' and 'cool stuff..' can use a header image? Just using verdana for it looks a bit boring.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2007#177117 Report
ok, I see what you mean. It will look better when I get a chance to add some new news articles with some images in them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2007#177118 Report
I think the page would look better with smaller text, just make sure users are still able to enlarge the type with their browser settings by using css.

And can't all the ads and stuff be integrated a little bit better?
I'm a pretty big fan of the google ads normally, but they look a bit crowded and too much like google ads on the homepage.

And how about using icons for the tutorials?
Right now you guys are using different images for all the tutorials on the homepage, it looks a bit messy to me. If there would be an icon for photo tutorials and a different one for tool tutorials etc. it would be WAY more organized and clean.

Why not swap the 'random tutorial' and the ads? That is what teamphotoshop about, so why not put it in the location it deserves? The ads are placed a bit too agressive and on an important location.

I love the 'from the forums' news box, this will definitely attract some new users to the forum. Good idea!

And what's with the underlined news subjects?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2007#177119 Report
Thanks for the comments NL...

... I will probably move the Cool Sites box below the Random tutorials as you suggest... But the only real ad that benefits TPS is the google 300x250, but I suppose the cool sites box is really construed as an ad.

... Thanks also for the suggestion to use icons for the tutorials according to what type they are, that's a really good idea as the ones we have now are too small to really see what the tutorial is about anyway.

... I like the underlinging on news titles, so it looks more like a link.

... I'll do something with the google ad too to make it look seperate.

I'm away for a few days from the middle of tomorrow, so may have to pick this up next week.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2007#177125 Report
Haha the tubes are back. It looks nice.

I'm for smaller text as well... there are not so many big sites that have large text as default and with smaller text, you have more space to play with and it looks usually less crowded.

I also strongly suggest a narrow version of the tubesv2 layout, because... well because that's all I use !!

Good work
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2007#177129 Report
OK, I will get a narrow version of tubes for the forum, for the main site I can do that too, but not until after I get back ... (In fact I have very little time today ... So will get both of those done next week).

Thanks for the feedback
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2007#177135 Report
Cool, there's no hurry though!

if you need help with icon and such, I could always try to help.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2007#177146 Report
OnCleSam, if you have the time to supply the icons that would be great, as I'm sure you'd do a better job than me... Otherwise, I will try, no problem.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 26th 2007#177178 Report
I'll try and think of something, but I can't promise any results soon
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum