TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Adobe's Lightroom vs Apple's Aperture

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 7th 2007#176192 Report
Well, I was looking at lightroom's release and was wondering how wonderful it would be to grab one of these two applications to work on my RAW images (that makes me want to kill myself when I do it on Photoshop).

So what's the best, if it's possible to answer...

Also, just to be sure, can I run Aperture on a PC?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2007#176195 Report
Aperture is Mac only. It is pretty. I haven't used Lightroom at all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 8th 2007#176202 Report
I haven't used lightroom either, but I'm an experienced Aperture user.

I LOVE it, the workflow feels pretty natural to me. It benefits of a lot of output options, and it integrates with photoshop and iPhoto really well.
Like Derek said, it looks absolutely gorgeous. The fullscreen mode is really good, you can still edit your photos with a HUD that hovers above your fullscreen picture. It's pretty easy to rate pictures, and you can stack photos together even automatically with a time based setting.
If you want all photos that you took within 5 minutes from eachother in one set, Aperture is able to look at the exif info and stack those photos. Neat!

If you use a multi-monitor setup, aperture is made to work with that...

I can go on and on about stuff I like about it.

But like I said, I'm not a lightroom user...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2007#176382 Report
I've just posted a Blog entry that highlights the best comparisons and also provides a decent summary of the pros to each app.

http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2007/02/aperture_vs_lig.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2007#176384 Report
Thanks for the info guys (I had forgot about this thread, sorry!)

I'll be sure to check this link once I get the time.

Though, considering I have a pc at home, Lightroom seems a better choice, even if I intend to purchase the next MBP in June, but Aperture has some really good features...

God, this will kill me!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2007#176392 Report
I personally love Aperture and would probably recommend that over Lightroom. Plus if you use an educational discount at the Apple online store, you can get Aperture for $150 as opposed to Adobe's $200. Both have a fully functional demo for 30 days, download them both and give it a shot. (if you have a mac already)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum