TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Apple TV

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 28th 2007#176082 Report
... So this being a Photoshop forum, and likely a lot of members are 'Pro-Apple' are there any positive opinions on Apple TV?

I recentl discovered it when downloading an update for iTunes, but I must say I don't think it will appeal to me... If I want to put my PC on my TV then I would just connect it directly ... Am I missing something here?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 28th 2007#176083 Report
Well the Apple TV is a lot smaller than hooking up an entire PC to a TV. It also has integration with iTunes, which is where a lot of people manage their media that they buy on the iTMS. It has a remote and a well-designed interface, HDMI to hook up to your HDTV, etc. It allows you to still have your computer in the other room and just buy a $300 device rather than buy a whole extra computer to hook up to the TV, etc etc etc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 29th 2007#176095 Report
It does appeal to me...
I will wait till a few people actually have one though, so I know if it is possible to stream avi's etc. to it. I don't like the fact that you are forced to put all your stuff in iTunes, and I wonder if you are able to stream the avi's you put in iTunes.

Maybe buying a mac mini might be a better idea?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 30th 2007#176111 Report
OK, I see some of the advantages, conveniece really I think.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2007#176123 Report
Ok here comes the stupid question of the day...

Seeing Apple is trying to reach as many people as possible, is it possible to connect that appleTV to a PC or is it only apple compatible?

(I guess I could have just looked on the site... ah well)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2007#176126 Report
It's both PC and Mac compatible.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum