TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

CS3 :: Has anyone tried it...

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 16th 2007#175932 Report
So, has anyone downloaded the CS3 Beta?

And if so what are your thoughts on it? Are there major improvements for you?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2007#175935 Report
Yeah, I've been playing with it for several days now.

improvements/changes?

Hard to say right now I haven't dug in very deep yet, The interface is totally different. Before you cringe in pain, know that the interface can be taken back to the old interface painlessly.

The first thing I noticed was the single column toolbar. It kind of freaked me out at first but then I noticed you can make it the old 2 column toolbar.

The pallets are different in that they aren't floating pallets anymore. (but again you can make them that way if you wish.)

Adobe changed the curves dialog (in a good way) by adding more control along with clipping warnings. GREAT!

Black and white conversion has been vastly improved with a dialog and your changes are applied to an adjustment layer. Woohooo!

Thats about all I have nailed down yet, but I'll keep diggin'.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 17th 2007#175939 Report
I love the single column toolbar, because you now have more space for your photos and graphics. Same goes for the docked pallets, they hide when you don't hover them. Great stuff. For me the improvements are mostly in the UI.

Also, the non-destructing filters are really good.
All filters sort of work like adjustment layers now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 18th 2007#175948 Report
*NL* said:Also, the non-destructing filters are really good.
All filters sort of work like adjustment layers now.

You mean like the layers appearing when you're playing with the curves and levels, etc.?

If so it could be useful in a way, but I guess you'll get lost with all those layers now...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 18th 2007#175951 Report
What I mean is that you can apply a filter, and afterwards edit the amount of filter you've applied, so you are able to edit the filter.

No more guessing how much gaussian blur, cmd + z-ing and reapplying with different values! Just apply it, double click the layer and change the values, while watching the preview.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 18th 2007#175967 Report
ahhh, sweet yeah that can be handy!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2007#176055 Report
I've been using it for the last month or so and I haven't noticed anything incredibly defent beyond what everyone else has said so far. The interface is a tad different from CS2 (CS2 is the version I hopped on the PS train.) Beyond the free Beta, I don't know if I would find it absolutely necessary to upgrade from CS2 (at least right away.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2007#176059 Report
I'll be upgrading "A" (probably Mac) machine.... and then if all goes well I'll upgrade the others. I do see several benefits... just haven't used it enough to know what the drawbacks are.... yet.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2007#176353 Report
*NL* said:What I mean is that you can apply a filter, and afterwards edit the amount of filter you've applied, so you are able to edit the filter.

No more guessing how much gaussian blur, cmd + z-ing and reapplying with different values! Just apply it, double click the layer and change the values, while watching the preview.

man thats pretty sweet.. what other new features are noticeable..
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum