TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Problem with importing's my cd's

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 17th 2006#175633 Report
When I was importing my CDs in iTunes to convert them in mp3s or when I was just listening a CD in winamp or WMP, the app could get the default infos of the CD and display it (basically, the name of the tracks, the name of the band, etc.).

Now it can't for some reason and it only says "track 01...." It doesn't seem to recognize any of my CDs, so you can imagine when I wanted to convert all my CDs in mp3s, I had to copy/paste every single title song and this is quite annying.

Did anyone had this problem before and knows how to fix it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2006#175640 Report
Make sure you are connected to the internet when you rip the CDs. iTunes looks them up on an online CD database site.

Also you can go to iTunes preferences > Advanced > Importing and make sure the "Automatically retrieve CD track names from internet" checkbox is checked.

If they are burned CDs and not a retail disc, it might not be able to find them. It finds the CD based on the track length and order of all the songs and then matches it to an online database. If the songs were shortened or corrupted or burned in a different order, it won't know what the CD is.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2006#175647 Report
Yeah I guess I'm connected to the internet and that box is checked...

I tried to select Advanced >> Get album artwork and it told me that I needed an itune store account... is that possible? If so I guess I'll just create one, but find it kinda annoying since I have to give out my credit card number when I don't even plan on buying stuff off the itune store.

Oh and these were retail CDs, not burned ones...

Thanks for the help! As usual ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2006#175649 Report
Get album artwork pulls the artwork from the iTunes store database, that's why you need an account. There are other applications that will do that for you as well. One is called Coverscout I believe. Or you can just go to amazon and drag it into the little artwork box yourself.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2006#175650 Report
Oh ok, so it ain't the same thing... then how can I know if itune is connected to the internet? Cause the box is checked and nothing happens... I looked in Windows media player and it wasn't connected to the internet, so now that it is, it works, but I don't know how to do it with itune.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2006#175651 Report
If you are online iTunes should be online. I don't think there is a setting to turn it on, unless you have a firewall that is blocking access for iTunes to get online.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum