TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

What plugin is this????

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 5th 2001#15437 Report
im curious...i use Photoshop and id like to replicate this effect, but i dont know what plugin they used!!

Please help!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/shared/pictures/Slipknot/2Paul.jpg

Thanx for any help!!

-Sin
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2001#15439 Report
Not everything can be done with the press of a button. And not every effect is done in photoshop. They could have just printed the picture, crumpled it up, and scanned it back in. Looks like the canvas filter was used a little bit though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2001#15440 Report
i have the new issue of Maxim Magazine (august issue) and there is an article about Autopsys and the same filter/plugin was used on all their pictures too...so i think it is a plugin/filter...but then again, i could be wrong.

you seemed right at first. maybe they did crumble it up and stuff, but the same exact effect is on the pictures in Maxim over 4 months later.

so i dunno...i hope it is a plugin...i really like that effect!!!

-Sin
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2001#15446 Report
There may be a plugin, but you can also do it the way I described. And I think you would have much better results. Just because two images look the same doesn't mean there is a filter for it.

If the color is what you're talking about, you could just desaturate the image, then adjust the hue/saturation with the Colorize checkbox checked. That would give you the color. Then put some random scribbles and textures over it with the color mode set on Color Burn or Color Dodge or something, and you would be well on your way to achieving that effect.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 6th 2001#15499 Report
that's a good point, deker.

sometimes the best effects are not created with a filter on a computer. you could take your image in the back yard and spray it with the hose. you could rub dirt on it. have the slow kid down the street crumple it up and put it in his mouth. run over it with a car. even better, leave it laying outside for a few weeks.

no joke! i'm serious! i have a fine arts degree so anything goes.

even better, throw away your computer and go draw on the sidewalk with chalk!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 6th 2001#15501 Report
i got a sexy grunge effect by scanning a pile of garbage after I set it on fire. course, my scanner is now only good for scanning more garbage, so here's to hoping that grunge never goes out of style.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum