TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

IRC is back, again discussion.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Reply
Sep 20th 2006#174880 Report
I dont use chatzilla, but basically:

- Load up chatzilla and look around for server settings you can edit, then enter the server/port displayed in the first post. Then connect to the server.

- When connected, type "/join #teamps" (without quotes) to join the teamps channel.

Now your free to type whatever you want into the chat.

---------------
Quick tips :

- most commands start with a /
- /nick type_your_username_here will change your username.
-/quit your_message will disconnect you from the server, and display "your message" to everyone left in the chat.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 20th 2006#174881 Report
Rodder, I'm on a mac so I tried Ircle, but I was confused cuz I've never used IRC for anything. So I got on chatzilla and it connected to something else, and I got some help from some forums, but I can't connect to the server because it says I'm not registered, and irchelp.org was down last night, haven't checked it today but maybe it's back up. I'm just lost in the UI.

Not too sure how all this works, but I understand it's similar to a chat room or something like that. Interesting though, I was up until 4am talking to some people from all over the world. They helped out a bit, but I'm pretty much lost. I'll keep trying to see if I can connect right, but if there's any other information out there, I'd like to hear more "how to's" or "tips and tricks" on this stuff.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 20th 2006#174882 Report
here's a temporary fix while you figure all of this out.

Go here, it should automatically connect. When it does, click the join button and type #teamps into the name box.

http://www.slashnet.org/java.php
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2006#174883 Report
I've seen other forums do a 'chat nite' once a month. Ie. the 3rd Saturday of every month @ 9:00 EST. Or... just post a chat nite once in a blue moon--just so there's a month or sooooo of notice! Communities that are largely forum based don't seem to do real well with 'stop by anytime' chat, cause we're so used to posting at different times around the world.

Just a suggestion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2006#174884 Report
[QUOTE=malibu]I've seen other forums do a 'chat nite' once a month. Ie. the 3rd Saturday of every month @ 9:00 EST. Or... just post a chat nite once in a blue moon--just so there's a month or sooooo of notice! Communities that are largely forum based don't seem to do real well with 'stop by anytime' chat, cause we're so used to posting at different times around the world.

Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

Great idea, someone come up wiht a date and I'll be there
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 5th 2006#174885 Report
Back in the day we passed around that idea, but since we're spread over so many time zones no one thought it would work (i dont think we ever tested it though).

Id be more than willing to give it a shot. If no one shows up, well we'll have the same amount of activity as we do now lol. Whats a good time for everyone?? I can pop in any time day or night.

Btw, for anyone that doesnt know irc or want to be bothered with it, use the web based client! All you have to do is click the join button and type "#teamps" into the name box. Even if you dont want to chat, just come in to say hi. http://www.slashnet.org/java.php
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 5th 2006#174886 Report
Also, for anyone that comes in, try typing :

/msg Rodder Are u Around?

cause Im usually around, even if im not in the room :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 5th 2006#174887 Report
If we do it on a Saturday, we could be online ~mid-day in the U.S., and it would be evening-ish in Europe.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 5th 2006#174888 Report
Im with you on that weekend idea. I say let's try it. If it doesnt work, we'll try another time. I'll post the time at the top of the thread.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 5th 2006#174889 Report
Cool idea, will try to join in. Haven't stepped into IRC for a very long time
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum