TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

type tool not wrapping text

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 19th 2006#172385 Report
Greets, I'm new to Photoshop, and I'm using version 5.0LE.

I'm trying to create an article that I will be submitting to a Xoops website.

I have the background color, an image, and the article's title in place in their respective layers. I now want to add the article's text below in a new layer.

I created a new layer for the text. I then copied the article's text from the Word document where I created it, and pasted it into Photoshop's Type Tool text box. I have selected the font style and size (in points), and the text is center-aligned. At the bottom of the Type Tool text box I have "Show: Font and Size" both selected.

When I place the cursor in the upper lefthand corner of the document and click "Okay," the text appears but it doesn't wrap around. I can't figure out how to get the text to appear properly within the confines of the document's dimensions.

In Photoshop's Help section it mentions that text wrapping problems can occur, and offers some suggestions including updating the video driver. Those suggestions have not worked. The video driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 6600 card is up-to-date, if that helps.

As a total beginner, am I just overlooking something very basic here? Any suggestions how to remedy this problem? Thanking you in advance.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 20th 2006#172393 Report
Personally, and I know this probably isn't of much use but I'd seriously consider upgrading to a newer version of Photoshop. I would like to be able to help you, but don't have a copy of 5.0 and so unfortunately can't be of much assistance.

Hopefully someone else can!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum