TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Can I get some help/suggestions please?

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 22nd 2006#172171 Report
I'm still fairly new at this CSS stuff, and I was playing with a page for a friend of mine. They're getting married soon and wanted to have a page up for information.

You can view the page here:
http://members.cox.net/teamfx/wedding/crsite.html

I would like to know why it falls apart in Firefox but renders well in IE...any suggestions? Thanks a million for the help.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2006#172172 Report
First of all I would highly recommend formatting your CSS like this:

p {
background: #fff;
color: #000;
}

Or something similar. It makes it MUCH easier to read and have an idea of what is going on.

Second, I would look at something like http://www.inknoise.com/experimental/layoutomatic.php to give you a starting template to work with. Basically your problem is different default margins and padding defaults in different browsers, because you just have a few divs stacked on top of each other with a background image. Things need to be formated differently in the HTML, as well as the CSS. Like I said, take a look at the code that little site generates, or search for CSS layouts and look at how other layouts are done to get a better idea of how to construct the page.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2006#172178 Report
Thanks for the lead to InkNoise Deker, I used to have that site in my bookmarks until I lost my bookmarks, but I'm glad you pointed me to it again. I'll also restructure the CSS, I normally work with it the way until I get to the point of creating the CSS document. For some reason it's easier for me to follow it the way it is while I set up the site. But thanks for your input man, I appreciate it.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 24th 2006#172187 Report
if it's not working in firefox but does in IE chances are your CSS is invalid. firefox renders things like its supposed to, whereas IE has bastardized it's implementation of HTML and CSS over the years.

and get camino...sweet little browser.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2006#172189 Report
Fig, thanks for the input. I already fixed the problems on the site, and I'll be sure to look up camino.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2006#172226 Report
Fig, I downloaded Camino and it's a slick little browser. Now as I've posted before, in regards to the web page I'm building, I got everything together with some help from Deker pointing me in the right direction.

So while everything looks good so far, I still have one more question. I have a background image within the text, it's a pair of wedding bands. But in Safari, image is not positioned as it is in FF, IE, or Camino, so I was wondering if you guys had any clue on how I could fix that.

You can see the page here: http://www.celiandrobbie.com/

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 9th 2006#172296 Report
so I was wondering if you guys had any clue on how I could fix that.

Yeah. Don't use Safari.

;)

You can't get mad at me for saying that, though David, cause I donated some money. :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 9th 2006#172300 Report
Dan,

I have to thank you for you donation man, it really means alot. I was going to ask for donations on this forum, but felt that some might feel it's lame considering this is a design forum. But thanks man, seriously, thank you.

In regards to Safari I actually nested a div within a div and it renders pretty well now. So it looks pretty decent in the latest Safari anyway. And again, thank you for your help with the donation, you're like the first to donate since the site was announced about 2 weeks ago to friends and family.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum