TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Newbie hoping to create on-line tutorial for computer game....

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 16th 2006#172132 Report
Hi there, i hope you guys can help me....

Before i rant on about my little idea, i'll gladly confess that i know next to nothing in terms of web design (except basic HTML and dreamweaver... and soon Flash) so i would pleased with you to bare with me :rolleyes: i would be greatfull if you could help me with my up and comming project.

Iv recently had the idea of creating an independant online tuorial for a particular computer game.... Complete with live recordings of footage (probably from DVD recordings taken) which will probably be edited and incorperated with subtitles and voice overs (which i doubt concerns this forum but there you go).....

Anyway, what i would really like to know is what format is best for movie footage contained within a web-page.... Baring in mind some footage will be accesable by clicking a link, some i hope will be able to play automaticlly upon the opening of any given page (im not actually sure if that makes a difference or not??).

Any replys would come as a welcome help and i would appreciate them dearly.

Thank you

JBoogie
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2006#172136 Report
Hey JBoogie, I wouldn't say I knew anything about recording in this format, but people have been recording videos into Flash lately, and those are pretty universally viewable, everyone has Flash, while everyone might not have Quicktime, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, you get my drift. Some examples of Flash videos are Google videos, (http://video.google.com) and YouTube, (http://www.youtube.com) I'm sure you can find some tutorials on the net about how to do that, if I have some time later, I'll poke around for you too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 17th 2006#172138 Report
Msz070, thank you. Im learning Flash real soon, so that should help.

Thanks for the info.

Anymore help from anywhere would be great! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum