TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Art portals vs other places??

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 16th 2006#172131 Report
I was wondering what you all think is better art portals or just basic art or photoshop forums which is best and why please discuss??

javagirl

Edit : URL example removed. Rich
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2006#172133 Report
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....aaaahhh....

Retrogade.

Search my name on there. I THINK the 4 page long thread where someone stole my work, and then zealously (and I mean zealously) defended their actions, and then ultimately, after proving that I was the images author, they then claimed ignorance as to why this was wrong. I was not previously a member of the site, and since I joined upon being notified of the theft, I intended to get a feel for the community that was there, and maybe stick around for a while, but I found a lot of kind-hearted ignorance and very little learning of either photoshop or art in general.

The people, aside from the person who stole my work, seemed generally nice and helpful, but just extraordinarily ill-informed about design and art in general. The replies that I've gotten there lacked virtually any critical merit, and were generally kept to asspats for the work I submitted, which would have been (and was, in many cases) very harshly critiqued on other forums.

Anyway, your question is kind of ambiguous. I don't really know what you mean by "better". Assuming you're talking about learning, I've had better experience on forums like this and a couple others, but if you're into networking/making friends, then I think that 'Lifestyle" site like DA, MySpace, or something to that effect would be one place to go.

I mean, I guess I'm a little put off by sites that are bloated, and laden-down with superflous redundancies as say, DA is. Unfortunately, there's a couple sites that I have become a regular on, that are becoming more and more like DA or some other blog sitt. The added features of these forums seem to attract people with only a passing interest in art or design, but a very serious interest in spending a lot of damn time on the internet, talking about any little thing that pops into their heads.

Thus diluting the very purpose for which the site was created.

-Paul

P.S. I cant help but also feel that this is a thinly-velied advertisement for retrogade.

If anyone feels like reading my entire post, take it as a warning.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2006#172134 Report
Interesting.

I just read your post in the website showcase forum. You very clearly are advertising retrogade. That's pretty sad.

Admins? Mods? Any comment here?

-Paul
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum