TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help with scanned art work

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 31st 2006#172069 Report
hello all,I want to be able to find a way to mke my line drawings more crisp and finished.The drawings are done in black ink.when I scan the picture you can see bleeding of the ink which is not visable to the naked eye.My question is,how can I get rid of this?Is there a filter or another quick fix.I want the lines to be clean and crisp.I'm pretty new to photoshop and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 1st 2006#172080 Report
this all depends on how high quality you want this image to be, do you want it good enough for print, or just something on the web. I had encountered this problem when i first started scanning my artwork to the computer. The pen tool is something to become best friends with im still learning but you will get very crisp and smooth lines.

however you said you are new and there are many ways to half a** it. in the old days i would take the poly selction and start cleaning up my straight lines by going along the edges and selecting them, then deleting the parts that i don't like. then i would use the eliptical selection tool to clean up the more curved areas. i have always just tried different things. Selection tools, line tool, eraser, fill, stroke and so forth.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 1st 2006#172083 Report
Thanks for the advice kaethe!I have been doing it with eraser and pen tool but,it takes forever.I'm creating designs for screen printing so I want the lines tobe perfect as possible.again,thank you have a good day.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 2nd 2006#172084 Report
np. i know the pentool takes forever, but for screen printing it would probably be the best way to do it. hopefully you'll get the look you want.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum