TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hey guys it's been a few years

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 26th 2006#172043 Report
Well it's been a few years since i've actually posted anything on here, and im back into doing graphics at my new job. I've noticed the forums received a big face lift. but i have a question that i hope someone could answer for me... I recently started to dabble in adobe after effects 6.5... does anyone know this program well? I am the administrator for the led video sign we have set up in front of our dealership. I am creating the graphics and animations for this sign, sadly underpaid but this is what i love to do. I understand the basics of AfterEffects but im trying to animate some text but I am getting a error.....

After Effects error: OpenGL: Problem creating the texture, object (5044::0)

im not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but i really hope someone could help me out with this error it's driving me crazy, im sure it's something simple.....

Thanks,

Käthe
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2006#172044 Report
welcome back

I know after effects reasonably well, need some more info though. no telling why you're getting an error without knowing what exactly you're animating, how, file contents, etc., when you get the error.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2006#172045 Report
i just open a new compesition.
settings for the comp are:
480x240
square pix
frame rate: 15 frames per sec.
full res
duration set: 5:00

i chose the type tool, typed a word in all caps
Transform>position
Set first keyframe and position the text off the comp, then moved to 1 sec. and set a keyframe and moved the text towards the bottom of the comp.
but after that everytime i want to move the slider or move the text it gives me that error. i hope that helped...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2006#172046 Report
nothing seems wrong off the top of my head, i did a quick comp with your settings and had no problems either. did a quick search on the adobe support site and these might help:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/329148.html
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/326098.html

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2006#172050 Report
thanks alot i'll troubleshoot it, i knew i was doing it right, i tried to animate some ojects and it had done the same thing, so i knew something wasn't right.

Tiffany
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 30th 2006#172059 Report
i had to disable the OpenGL in after effects to get it to work. thanks for the tutorials
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum