TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My letter to Buy.com

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 23rd 2005#171887 Report
I received my order in a large box yesterday, expecting it to contain an Atari Flashback 2.0, two CD's, and a box set of books. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found:

Two (2) 'Cornerstone: Building the Foundation' workbooks with the UPS logo on them, subtitled 'Part-time Orientation and Training', one filled out by and belonging to Monique and the other to Robin

One (1) green pullover long sleeve t-shirt, worn and in a crumpled pile, size L

One (1) Atari Flashback 2.0

No shipping manifest or invoice was included. I'd appreciate this being rectified and receiving my items as soon as possible. And if you have a good story to go along with this I'd LOVE to hear it :-)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2005#171889 Report
Eh, I don't have a story like that, but I have a story about shipping/annoyances with companies.

A few years back we had purchased an iMac (400 mhz, Indigo, yea, the old, old, old one.) So, the iMac gets here, we take it out of the box, plug it in, it was dead on arrival. We call Apple, they say, "You can take it to CompUSA they are authorized by us, so have them look at it." We do just that, the diagnosis is during shipping the motherboard slipped off these little rubber feet all of the iMac motherboards were mounted on and shorted out, let Apple know this so we can ship it back and get a new one. We call Apple, let them know what CompUSA said and Apple says, "Your warranty is void if you had CompUSA open it, we can't take it back." I was speaking to the same person that told me to bring it to CompUSA just days earlier, same case number and everything.

A lot of phone calls back and forth ensued, us to Apple, Apple to us, CompUSA to us, CompUSA to Apple, Apple to, well you get the picture. To make a long story short, Apple would not budge, even when we had a lawyer contact them. CompUSA, out of the kindness of their hearts, felt so bad for all the crap we went through with Apple for a month and that we were starting to have to get lawyers involved, took our dead iMac, gave us an iMac DV, free of charge and gave us a 100 dollar gift certificate.

CompUSA probably told Apple that they received the iMac DOA and got it replaced no problem, but yea, that's my tech/shipping/company nightmare story.

P.S.: We still do buy from Apple, a lot actually, (there was no choice with a teacher in the family and the school district is all Mac) but it was a good few years before we did buy another home product. Apple has a better D.O.A. policy now I believe though. I haven't received another dead product, but from my understanding (correct me if I am wrong Derek) if Apple ships it to you dead, you call up and they arrange for you to ship it back and send you another, no questions asked (well, not too many.).

Now I am going to bed, that took far too long to write and if any of you actually read that long, probably incoherent post, thank you, and I am sorry. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 27th 2005#171902 Report
[QUOTE=msz070]Now I am going to bed, that took far too long to write and if any of you actually read that long, probably incoherent post, thank you, and I am sorry. :D[/QUOTE]

I actually read the whole post... :p

Give us the follow-up Chris!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 27th 2005#171905 Report
Part 2, after recieving a "we've got your e-mail and are checking it out" response" followed a day or two later by a very canned "we're happy to help you with your return" message.

-----------------

While I appreciate your response to my initial inquiry, it's painfully obvious that either no person read my actual comments or that the "Shipment was Damaged, Defective, or Wrong" selection was the incorrect choice. As there's no possible way to describe my order other than very, very wrong, I thought I'd attempt communication again.

I am very happy with the Atari unit that I received, it seemed to be in perfect condition and the recipient was appreciative. The same cannot be said for the other items I received, however, as nothing else that I actually ordered was included.

Of the items I did receive, I'm sure the worn, crumpled, long sleeve green t-shirt (size L) is lovely when clean, and I will admit to being quite entertained by Monique and Robin's completed UPS workbooks. I'm also happy to see that they passed the course with flying colors, though if they were responsible for this particular shipment it might be wise for them to review a few of the basics that may have not have received as much attention as was needed in their initial training. Then again, things such as not including your laundry in outgoing shipments may not be something that's approached at a trainee level.

I would be THRILLED if someone actually read this and took steps to send me the three items missing from my order, and I look forward to your response. Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum