TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Customising Photoshop Interface

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 11th 2005#171793 Report
Hi
First time for posting here but hope someone can help.
I am trying to change the (grey) background that is standard with Photoshop to transparent.The idea is I can see through to my desktop or bridge when running.I have done this before but cannot remember how.I've also posted on other furums but no luck yet.My operating system is win xp.
Thanks for any help
Graham
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2005#171813 Report
I'm surprised that not too many people use this trick. It's not hard, and it isn't really a trick. Anyway -

Here's your default photoshop window

Restore down your photoshop window:

Move your pallette windows to the outside of your screen (this may happen by default when you restore down the program window). If not, you can hold shift to snap the pallettes to the outside of your screen:

Maximize the image window inside the program window:

Resize the program window to the image:

You just have to get used to your menu bar and your status bar being at the top and bottom of your image window, but it's not a huge stretch.

Also, you can replace the gray that usually appears when maximizing the image window inside the pallette window by selecting the paintbucket tool, and shift+clicking in the gray area. It will fill it with whatever foreground color you select.

Also, you can toggle fullscreen mode with the F key.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2005#171814 Report
Or buy a Mac. :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2005#171818 Report
i wasn't gonna say it...but you did

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2005#171820 Report
Someone had to. Im glad it wasn't me though, those words would burn my tongue.

I did learn the 98% useless shift+clicking+bucket trick, but again......98% useless. I may change the color to black, rather than switching to full screen mode, other than that though.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2005#171821 Report
I like to keep mine at a roughly 80 percent gray. Black can mess up your tones. I changed everything back to the default for those screenshots though.

I keep my workspace like that all the time, generally. Having a second monitor also rectifies this problem, seeing as how you don't have to stack stuff up.

Also, these are my first posts here in about 2 or more months.

And yes, that picture is mine. And no, it's not any kind of lameass fanart.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum