TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Macromedia Director Help!!

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 8th 2005#171731 Report
if n e one here knows about macromedia director i need to know if i can save/publish movies so that others can view them.... like to upload it to a site but STILL MAKE IT CLICKABLE!!!??? -thx
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 8th 2005#171734 Report
um, in general, yeah. not much reason to use director instead of flash now though.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 8th 2005#171740 Report
not much reason to use director instead of flash now though.

Is that true? In general I mean....not for the web. I never really learned director (though ive used a few times) instead I learned flash. So id be quite happy if flash won that battle, they're practically the same software anyway. Also I wonder what the future of director is after adobe buying macromedia? Obviously flash is the popular software, so I can't see much development for director.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 8th 2005#171742 Report
well, the big key used to be that director handled video files really well and was used for all kinds of multimedia cd-roms. the last two versions of flash have come a long way in handling video though, even focused on it with the last rev, and i really can't see a reason i'd have to use director for anything at this point other than for possibly the shockwave 3d capabilities (and not even sure about that).

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 8th 2005#171743 Report
yeah thats right, video. I forgot that *was* the key feature over flash. The last time I used director, flash 4 was the latest version.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2005#171779 Report
We still use Director for our trade show presentations, but Chris is right, Flash is just as capable of handling what you need Director do to. We still use Director because everything we have created is already in Director, and it's a little late in the game to dump what we have and move entirely to Flash. We generally save all of our Director Projectors as Shockwave movies so that if need be, we can show them to clients during meetings.

We still have one (very old mind you) file up on the web:
http://www.rdi1.com/default3.htm

The presentation above has working links. I'm not sure where you are having trouble, but when you publish as Shockwave, the links should just work. You'll have to further elaborate where you are having the issue for us.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2005#171787 Report
umm that link you put up (mattboy_slim) answered all my questions.... oh and the reson why im using direcotr is because im finding it really easy to learn on my own... im tryin to teach myself flash, but its a lil difficult for me... THX PPPLS!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum