TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new to photoshop and having problems running it

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 6th 2005#171721 Report
I installed Photoshop 6.0 and everything installed fine. when i go to open the program it loads fine but right before everything is set i get an error message.

Title of the message is : 16 bit windows subsystem

and the message is :C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

I then get a ignore or cancel to terminate program choice. Either choice completely freezes the program?

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this because adobe didnt. Is it still possible for me to use this program on my computer? thank you for all your help.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2005#171722 Report
Well there are a number of things that it could be.... but lets at least starty by getting some general system information.

• What does your computer hardware look like.
  • What OS are you running? Obviously its Windows... but what version.
  • Are all drivers up today?
  • Did you try reinstalling Photoshop?

It could probably be a number of things, that really isn't a very specific error message. But, you might want to try doing some research on it via a google search or something like that...

I've never heard of someone encountering a problem like that. Your last resort if you cant find any other information via google and no one here knows of the solution would probably be to try your luck with the Adobe Support Team.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2005#171723 Report
All drivers and such are up and running, everything on my computer works flawlessly except this PS program. I have a Windows Xp Professional 2002 version, with service pack 2. I have a pentium 4 2.8 ghz, 1 gig of ram so it cant be that my computer isnt good enough for it. I also tried reinstalling it and installing version 7.0 but the same problem occurs. Any ideas? Adobe didnt know the answer either so thats why i came here. I'll try googling some more but if anyone knows of a cure, please let me know. thank you all in advance.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2005#171780 Report
1. Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive or DVD drive.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
4. At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:

expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt
expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com
exit
5. Start or install the program. If the issue is resolved, do not complete the remaining steps. If the issue is not resolved, go to the next step.
6. Note: The Command.com file is not edited or created in this in the following process. Because of this, you may have to expand it from your Windows XP CD-ROM.

Start Notepad.
7. In Notepad, type the following entries:

dos=high, umb
device=%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\himem.sys
files=40

8. On the File menu, click Save As.
9. In the File Name box, type Config.nt, and then click Save. Close the Config.nt file.
10. On the File menu, click New.
11. In the new blank document, type the following entries:

@echo off
lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\mscdexnt.exe
lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\redir
lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\dosx
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3

12. On the File menu, click Save As.
13. In the File Name box, type Autoexec.nt, and then click Save. Close the Autoexec.nt file.
14. Start Windows Explorer. Locate the Config.nt file, right-click the Config.nt file, and then click Copy.
15. Right-click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder, and then click Paste.
16. Locate the Autoexec.nt file, right-click the Autoexec.nt file, and then click Copy.
17. Right-click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder, and then click Paste.
18. Locate the Command.com file, right-click the expanded Command.com file, and then click Copy.
19. Right-click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder, and then click Paste. Restart your computer.
If the issue continues to occur, copy the Autoexec.nt and Config.nt files from the Repair folder in Windows to the System folder. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type c:\windows\repair, and then click OK.
2. Right-click autoexec.nt, and then click Copy.
3. Click Start, click Run, type c:\windows\system32, and then click OK.
4. Right-click anywhere in that folder, and then click Paste.
5. Right-click the Autoexect.nt file that you just copied, and then click Properties.
6. Click to select Read-Only, and then click OK.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 to copy the Config.nt file.
Note You must enable Read-Only permissions or the files will be removed after you restart Windows.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2005#171781 Report
Holy crap.. Mattboy! Coming out of hiding with a bang eh? haha!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2005#171784 Report
holy crap. *hugs macintosh*
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2005#171786 Report
...it's really really really frickin cold in Iowa this week, and beings that when it's cold, you don't go outside, I thought I'd actually sit down at the computer for a day.

**hugs PC anyways**
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum