TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hi! I'm new, & need help using the batch command on Photoshop CS

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 5th 2005#171695 Report
I just shot my first wedding on Digital and want to take a folder of about 300 images and do Auto Levels, Auto Contrast, Auto Color, Unsharp Mask, and resave them numbered files 1 through 300 to a different folder. I cant figure out how to use the batch command to do this. Would somebody be kind enough to walk me through this, I must admit I'm a little rusty with Macs and Photoshop CS. Thanks Skyler.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 6th 2005#171715 Report
I posted this in a similar thread some time ago... hopefully it still applies and will work for you This one is about resizing multiple images, but the process is pretty much the same... just when it is recording do the commands that you need to be done to all of the images and it should work just fine.

----------------------------------------

There sure is my friend... Heres how I would go about doing it.

Step 1:
If all of your images are the same and they are going to be scaled down the same amount than what your going to want to do is open up the "Actions" window (if its not already open). To do this go to "Window -> Actions"

Step 2:
Once you have that window up you will see a list of premade actions, some of these are hand some not so much, none for what we are going to be doing... so we're going to have to create another one. Click the little image along the bottom of the actions window that looks like a piece of paper with the edge folded over.

Step 3:
Name this new action whatever you would like, but remember what set it is in and what you have named it. After You have this click the little red record button... Now what ever you do during this time (until you hit stop) is recorded and can be played again and again.

Step 4:
Resize your image, save to wherever you want, etc... feel free to mess with options and whatnot to get the desired effect of this action.

Here is where you have 2 options
Either you can open a few images at a time or select an entire folder of images if you want all of them to have this process done to them. Either way works great. If you want to open a few imgaes at a time go to Step 5 and skip Step 6 if you want the entire folder done go to [bStep 6 and skip Step 5[/b]

Step 5:
Open up a few images into photoshop like 30 or so (depending on how many you have or feel like doing at one time). Go to "File -> Automate -> Batch" This will bring up the batch window (obviously) Where it says "Set" select the set of actions that your new one is in. Next, where it says "Action" select the action that you just created. Select your source, in this case "Opened Files" Then were it says "Destination" choose either "Save and Close" or you can have it saved to a folder of your choice by selecting "Folder"

Step 6:
Go to "File -> Automate -> Batch" This will bring up the batch window (obviously) Where it says "Set" select the set of actions that your new one is in. Next, where it says "Action" select the action that you just created. Select your source, in this case "Folder" and click where it says "Choose" to choose the folder that you want this action done to. You can have it do everything in the main folder and not in the subfolder or by click the check box you can have it do all the subfolders as well. Next, were it says "Destination" choose either "Save and Close" or you can have it saved to a folder of your choice by selecting "Folder".

If your having it saved to a folder your going to want to set up the naming process. When you do this you can have many different options as to how the file gets named/renamed. Normally the best way to do it is...

"Document Name" + "1 Digit Serial Number" + "extension"

It shows you how the file name will look with an example. Once you have this done and all set up all you have to do now is click OK :D

I hope this explained everything pretty well, if you have any questions feel free to post them... and last but not least.... welcome to TeamPhotoshop :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum