TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Community Image Project: November 2005

Page: 1 2 Reply
Nov 1st 2005#171199 Report
Want to get involved.... Maybe show off your skills...

We are experimenting with a new community image project where every month we post an image and anyone that wants to try can download it and give it their own touch of manipulation.

We are currently displaying the community image on the homepage of the new version of the site (at the time of writing not online), and storing it on our new photo gallery system.

To grab the image and start making it your own just follow this link:
EDIT :: IMAGE CHANGED... please see here: http://www.teamphotoshop.com/images/nov05large.jpg

Please make any comments here, and post anything you do with the image here too so the rest of the community can give their feedback.

As I said in the beginning, this is only an experiement... Maybe nobody will want to do anything... Maybe loads of you will... We'll only know if we give it a try!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2005#171202 Report
Im not crazy about the base image, but it'll force some creativity so its not all bad.

After thinking about i got a few simple ideas.

1) Some sort of aging/grunge, mixed with some fresh elements...going for that old/new (redesigned) kind of vibe.

2) A rough mockup of an. With some time im sure I can get some fairly good results. Though I wont put in that time just yet incase we don't like the idea.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2005#171203 Report
Lol - That eyeball is creepy! It is a nice idea though...

We can go many directions with this... It doesn't just have to be one direction that is worked on by everyone...
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2005#171211 Report
I agree the original photo is a little uninspired, Rodder... but maybe that's why it needs to be maniped. The only other thing I would suggest Rich, is that if anyone wants to put some serious photochopping time in on this--the original needs to be much higher resolution. At this resolution, you couldn't take it to print medium with any kind of pride in the end result. Not even big enough for a desktop background. Food for thought going forward.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2005#171214 Report
OK fair enough... I have it in a higher resultion... Or I could select another...
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 2nd 2005#171223 Report
Yeah maybe a pic where the plant isn't like half dead and rotten, haha.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 2nd 2005#171227 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 9th 2005#171314 Report
So... Any thoughts on this new image guys... Or have we just taken the wrong angle... And members are not really interested in this kind of thing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 1st 2005#171646 Report
well, I see that this thread is actually a bit old but I figured noone would mind if I revived it a bit, cause I for one think this is an excellent way to go, give people a chance to show off a bit, and with an image like the one used here, anyone can be a picasso.

Myself, I can't help but think gothic meets cyber-punk when I see this image and just itch to do something about it *L*
We'll see though, if I can actually make the thing my mind tells me is already there....
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2005#171688 Report
Hey Toby, yes I was hoping somebody would like to get involved, but nobody wanted to take up the mantle... We have moved into December so I will try again with another image and see if anyone is suitable inspired. After that I don't think I will bother.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum