TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Microsoft graphic/design software?

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 14th 2005#170345 Report
This has got to a be a sign of the apocalypse...

http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/default.aspx

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 14th 2005#170346 Report
Microsoft also intends to not only compete with, but to make the industry standard their own version of the PDF file. I've heard that there are far more computers in the world with Adobe software (Acrobat) compared to that of Microsoft and they don't like this.

Never say never, but unless I hear that this is revolutionary and absolutely the way to go, no way will I touch the stuff. I don't use Corel, I've ditched Quark, and I'm not a fan of the way Freehand operates. For me, design is Adobe, and it'll stay that way until I hear it should be otherwise. I'm not interested in being a pioneer.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 14th 2005#170347 Report
The videos and demos don't even work in Safari or Firefox. Looks like they are off to an awesome start!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2005#170350 Report
or opera7 and IE6. Hell the site doesnt even display properly in explorer, never mind the demos.

For me, design is Adobe, and it'll stay that way until I hear it should be otherwise

That about says it all for now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2005#170352 Report
haha when you go over the first box it says "Vector? Bitmap? It doesn't care."
Damn that's advertising. sure... they're the same.. right? Why care about it? ..or know about it for that matter....
I looked at the vector drawing video... why the hell does the "pen" get a straight line between anchors? it looks like that funky thing flash does where the software tries to "guess" how the curve should be... always hated that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2005#170364 Report
[QUOTE=Fig]This has got to a be a sign of the apocalypse...[/QUOTE]

Then the fifth rider of the apocalypse came forth riding a horse drawn in vectors, or pixels... doesn't matter; and his name was Microsoft Expressions, and the seas turned to anti-aliased blood red, and Microsoft released it's plague of mediocre graphics on the world, and advertising firm executives gnashed their teeth and rent their Tommy Hilfiger shirts.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum