TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Work from the mill

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 3rd 2005#170181 Report
Hey,

Next friday is my last day at the mill :( Since being here ive worked on 3 things, a sony PSP ad which you may have seen, a small set of Mercedes ads for 'B' class (i just made the B), and for the last 5weeks ive worked on 2 of 3 car ads for Pontiac.

Here's the PSP ad:

http://www.aidangibbons.com/movies/psp.rar

I basically was thrown into this as soon as i arrived and was asked to model a psp just so they could see what i was like. I modelled it and they liked it so i then textured,rendered and comped it and was approved by sony. Its just the bit in the ad when the PSP flips around.

Here's the first of 3 Pontiac ads:

http://www.aidangibbons.com/movies/worlds.rar

Ive done about 5weeks of work on this ad...i did half of the matchmoving (every shot had to be matchmoved) which took 2 weeks. I then helped on the sorta equalizer bits on the windows of the buildings as the car drives through the city. I also did the very end shot on my own of the car's reflections revealing and changing into the other cars...i was given full control over this shot which was a bit scarey at times cos of the responsibilty, but got through it eventually. Although, saying that, the Flame Op i was working with ****ed up the last transition on the jeep argggg! I also did a logo animation at the end but was scrapped right before airing cos they suddenly realised it was the wrong logo-we had been given wrong artwork. Im now working on the cg city's lighting and texturing for the 3rd ad which is 30seconds (not working on the 2nd at all). On monday i start on particles for this ad which will be similar to the particles in the ad i just posted up. Anyway, hope you like the ads, im sad to leave :( Back to college!

By the way the Pontiac ads will never be shown in europe,have any of you seen the above ad on tv yet?

Please dont link these files other places either, itll kill my bandwidth! Cheers
www.the-mill.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2005#170183 Report
Oh man!!! these rock, cybling... I love the work, eight thumbs up!

I remember when I received your first portfolio cd, I still have that and will keep it so that when you are rich and famous I can pimp around with it... ;)
Get on messenger sometime again, so we can catch up.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2005#170185 Report
Hehe cheers minse :D Ill pop onto msn tonight, i never use it anymore really :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2005#170187 Report
the PSP one is the coolest god damn thing i have EVER seen.

Brilliant choice of music too. Fricking AWESOME x 10000000000
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 4th 2005#170197 Report
Nice! That's some good stuff. Im a fan of the pontiac ad, though the psp was quite entertaining. That looked like a hell of a lot of work though (psp) maybe its good you just did the end.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2005#170206 Report
Good stuff cyb. haven't seen the pontiac spot stateside yet but i will let ya know if i do.

what were you doing the matchmove and compositing in?

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2005#170207 Report
Man I just saw that psp ad on tv last night and wondered who the hell made it. Pretty cool that you were involved with it, awesome stuff! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2005#170208 Report

hey Chris,

Well because the car was just shot in a big arena, a CG identical (CAD) car had to be matchmoved onto the footage so that reflections could be put ontop (the relflections of the cg city and particels etc).
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2005#170209 Report
right, i understand WHY, i was wondering WHAT you did the matchmove and comping in i've been playing with boujou bullet and realviz match mover, havent done too much with them yet. i am getting the hang of shake though...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2005#170210 Report
Ah sorry, we use 3dequalizer in the mill, great program :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum