TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

The Aristocrats

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 24th 2005#169945 Report
totally off topic from everything going on right now but what the hey.

I am a huge standup comedy fan. I'm a sewer of useless knowledge as far as the genre goes. As a result, I tend to have a black sense of humor and have become invincible as far as being offended and decency go.

As a result, I went out to see "The Aristocrats."

Let me say, "The Aristocrats" is the name of the filthiest, dirtiest, most disgusting joke ever. It also is a terrible joke to begin with. The faint-of-heart, those with weak stomachs, those easily offended, those who can't laugh at poop, those who worry themselves about appearing crass... you guys probably shouldn't attend.

That said, "The Aristocrats" is quite possibly one of the funniest movies I have ever seen - DEFINITELY the funniest in 2005 - and if you think you can stomach it, I must urge you to see it. There's a good chance that there will be people who will walk out of the theater mid-movie in disgust. If you can survive to the end, you will be laughing your ASS off.

I'll just say this about it here, (believe it or not it is nearly impossible to give spoilers to this movie). The basic premise of it is that it is a documentary that describes a joke that has been around since vaudeville. While the definite original version is lost in translation and retellings, there is one generally accepted version as the backbone. I won't tell the original joke here (unless you guys want me to?) but the point is that the joke is very lame. However, when a seasoned comic tells it, he or she adds huge amounts to the joke, improvising not unlike a jazz musician. when you hear the end result, you will die laughing.

And if you don't think that the retellings of one joke would be funny, you're in for a big surprise.

the cast is a lineup of allstar winners and I just couldn't help writing about it because it was so impactful on me, mainly because it was so damn funny. plus at the same time you're analyzing a piece of history.

has anyone else seen it ? lemme know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2005#169948 Report
oh just tell us the lame joke! we know you're dying to!
hihi I like stand up comedy
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2005#169955 Report
I gotta see this, but I'm not sure it's playing in my town just yet.

I've heard a lot about it, and I've been dying to see it since I heard about it. Don't give away too much though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 26th 2005#169981 Report
A guy walks into a talent agency and says to the talent agent, "Man, have I got the show for you. It's a family act."
Talent agent guy says, "I dunno. Family acts really aren't my thing."
The guy says, "Just give me a minute to show you."
Talent agent says, "You've got a minute."
The guy brings in his wife. He pulls down his pants, she pulls up her skirt, and they both take a massive sh*t on the floor.

The talent agent says, "This act is crazy! What do you call yourselves?"
They reply, "The Aristocrats!"

Lame. The idea is that it's funny because the name of their act, "The Aristocrats," (generally people of high-class), greatly contrasts with the crudeness of their act. I think it's also taking a swipe at high class society. Either way it's not really that good of a joke, but each comic keeps retelling it nastier and nastier and starts implicating more feces and incest to the joke, where it gets to the point that it's just so funny because it's so nasty. Yet it always starts like that in the talent agency, and the joke is always capped off with the family saying, "The Aristocrats!"

plus believe me I'm not giving anything away, it's really actually kind of impossible to do that. It's more a documentary than a straight-ahead movie.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 26th 2005#169989 Report
haha I would like to see this
so they ..you know.. on the stage? do they enact the "family act" ?
but you know this may be well an aristocrat's trademark ..the Osborne family comes to mind lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 26th 2005#169991 Report
no, lol, they just tell the joke, they don't actually perform it, otherwise I'm not exactly sure if the movie could even be released. As one comic in the movie put it, "People could go to jail for doing some of the things in the better retellings of this joke."
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum