TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Mac Store

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 23rd 2005#169351 Report
I'm in the new mac store in Eastview Mall, in my hometown on a mac mini.

I want one of these so hardcore.

No real point to this thred other than the fact that I wanted to say I'm revelling in all of the nerdy glory that is a bustling new mac store.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2005#169353 Report
Yeah apple stores are pretty awesome huh? when did yours open?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2005#169354 Report
It opened today. It was UNIMAGINABLY packed.

I was with a friend of mine who's visiting from Germany, who's a graphic designer/digital photographer, and a friend of ours, who knows just enough to get by, as far as computers go. Clerks kept coming up to her, asking if she needed help with anything.

They completely ignored me and the other guy. Like, female clerks were coming up to her too. We joked that she was surrounded by an aura of cluelessness, whereas me and the other guy had the look of nerds.

They had a 30" display, on a G5, with a wacom, and EVERY design program that I can name off the top of my head.

I dicked around on photoshop, but the wacom was so sensitive, everything I made came out like crap.

We were there for a good hour, getting our grubby mitts on everything they had. Good times.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2005#169356 Report
Yeah our store just opened on June 4th. We had over 3,500 people there the first day, and the the 1,000 free t-shirts were gone in less than 2 hours. It was pretty fun. I worked all day. Was supposed to leave and come back at some point, but I was on the cash register and it was so busy I just stayed and worked for about 15 hours, haha. It was a blast though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2005#169364 Report
deker are there any other benefits to working at the apple store? u get a free ipod right? what about commission? none right?

for your EE discount are you able to pair that up w/ an educational discount?

the apple store here is kinda junk...im still trying to look for a nice backpack i can put my pbook in.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2005#169368 Report
No commission. Employee discount is not applicable to other discounts.

www.sfbags.com for a great case.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2005#169379 Report
booq (pronounced 'book') makes a great backpack but they're pricey, i have one of their laptop cases that's just sweet (that came with my roommate's backpack).

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum