TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Does anyone know about changing phone lines?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 15th 2005#169293 Report
I have a question for someone who knows how to revert a secondary phone line back to the original primary phone line. And I'm referring to a landline.

I had a second phone line in my home, which I had disconnected and now want it to be set back to the regular, main home line. Now when I check the other jacks in the house it's red wire to red wire and green wire to green wire.

The secondary line was the same but used the yellow and black wire. So I disconnected the yellow and black and still had juice to the phone but no dial tone. So I played around here and there and nothing, nada, zilch...no dial tone.

Then I went to the outside box of our home and checked it and it's using the red wire, green wire, and also the yellow and black. But since I don't want to mess with the outside box, and since I'm a handy kinda guy who doesn't want to call a tech to come out and charge me an arm and a leg I figured:

"For sure the guys on TPS should know, they know everything"

So I'm here humbly asking if anyone might know about this or if they've ever done anything or if there's anyone employed by a phone company or has a friend, cousin, uncle, or someone who knows about this.

Thanks for your time guys. As always I'm sure I'll here from someone soon.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2005#169312 Report
I know we have a box in our basement and it has like 6wires for each jack in the house so I would just get a cordless phone and mess with the order for whichever line I wanted, it would b e easy tho if you knew which line worked, or whatever then you could just do all the wires the same.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2005#169316 Report
Hmm, that's interesting. I'm in Cali too Zyco, and we just have one box outside of our house with only 4 wires. So I guess I would have to play a guessing game. But I really wanted to just go straight for the answer to bypass the guessing game because I don't want to mess anything up and end up calling in a tech only to pay about $200 bucks.

Thanks for your reply man...I think I'm going to have to check it out and play with it for a while and mess with the wires for a bit.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum