TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Taking Suggestions...

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 17th 2005#168843 Report
... OK let's get this show on the road!

As you probably know, I've taken over from Pank at the helm of this place. It's been a while since this was annouced, but only now has everything been finally sorted out.

So, if anyone has any suggestions as to what they would like to see on TPS, please let me know in this thread.

Currently we have 2 possible elements to add/change:

1) Tutorials
We'll be improving the online submissions system for tutorials. Hopefully we'll be running some kind of competition as an incentive.

2) Photo Gallery and Blog
I would like to add some kind of photo gallery and ideally a blog system to this site so you guys can upload and showcase your work
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2005#168846 Report
Both suggestions sound really good to me.

I really hope the tutorial submission system will be designed in such a way, tutorials will need to be approved before they are accepted. I would hate to see this place turn into every other tutorial website out there, with ten thousand tutorials about how to make text look electrified. I think the main thing to focus on with this place is to keep the quality of tutorials and the news on the frontpage high. Please don't make this place a hangout for 13 year old kids with pirated copies of photoshop, trying to learn the program in 2 hours.
The target group should be of a somewhat higher level...

Other suggestions, I'll think about that some more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2005#168848 Report
I don't think the tutorials have changed in over 2 years.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2005#168849 Report
[QUOTE=*NL*]Both suggestions sound really good to me.

I really hope the tutorial submission system will be designed in such a way, tutorials will need to be approved before they are accepted. I would hate to see this place turn into every other tutorial website out there, with ten thousand tutorials about how to make text look electrified. I think the main thing to focus on with this place is to keep the quality of tutorials and the news on the frontpage high. Please don't make this place a hangout for 13 year old kids with pirated copies of photoshop, trying to learn the program in 2 hours.
The target group should be of a somewhat higher level...

Other suggestions, I'll think about that some more.[/QUOTE]

The content will definately go through an approval process. You may know I run a large gaming network. I have not started driving traffic from there for exactly the reason you mentioned. I would love to be able to utilise the existing network in some way to get more people to visit, but I need to work out the best way... Don't worry the site is in good hands!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2005#168854 Report
I'm glad to hear that Rich. This place is definately has an older target group, and I would hate to see the young teenagers that act childish come on over.
I would prefer if the tutorials be sent in by teamphotoshop forumers, that way it gives the community more of a connected feeling. For example, mihai wrote those amazing Illustrators tutorials, and you can find him right here, on teamphotoshop! Pank had a system going where he invited members of teamphotoshop to write tutorials, and in exchange he would allow us to put our google pay-per-click ad on those pages, as an incentive to write good tutorials. Maybe you can play off of that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum