TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Is it possible to find a listing before it was updated? Help!

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 14th 2005#168788 Report
Okay here's the deal. I have a good friend who is a school psychologist. He took a job listing and filled the requirements. However, when he turned it in to the school district he was applying to, they said he was missing some things and he told them they didn't list it on the job post.

So what did they do, they immediately updated the job listing and said, "See, it's there..." and he was shocked.

He called me to ask me this, and I don't know if it's possible. Is there any way to check or find the job post before it was updated? Does it get cached somewhere on his computer or is it somewhere on the server?

What he needs is proof that the information wasn't there when he turned in his resume and application, the only way to do that is to find the original post. Is this possible, can it be done?

I'd appreciate any insight on this if you all can help me out.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 14th 2005#168789 Report
he can try http://www.archive.org/ to see if the listing when he originally checked the site is up.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 14th 2005#168792 Report
Thanks Fig, we'll give it a shot.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 14th 2005#168793 Report
Fig, I tried it out and this is what I get on the site when I plug in the URL...

We're sorry, access to http://edjoin.org/* has been blocked by the site owner via robots.txt.
Read more about robots.txt
Try another request or click here to search for all pages on edjoin.org/

Any other suggestions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2005#168794 Report
ah, bummer. i'd say to try to go thru his cache then and see if you can track down the page, only other decent solution i can think of.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2005#168795 Report
My only other thoughts to share are, if they are sliding the requirements scale on him and he's trying to call them on it; he's not exactly starting out too well with a potential employer. He is validated in his indignation, but the truth of it is he's not going to be selected, or probably wouldn't want to work for the district if it's already a confrontational situation and he doesn't even have the job yet.

Maybe just let it go; you never know when he'll have to work for or with someone he may cross thru this confrontation.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2005#168796 Report
Fig thanks for your reply we tried looking through his cache already, and nothing came up.
Malibu, thanks for your reply, but basically what's going on is my buddy is already connected with the people up top.

So the ones with the power, so to speak, can hook him up, but he was supposed to be mentored by this other guy who dropped the ball and was telling the board members that he was mentoring my friend.

Currently my friend is a school psychologist at one of our districts, but he's trying to get into another district that pays better, so he has the experience. But this guy that was to do the mentoring, as ordered by the others at the top, sort of burned my buddy and changed the listing, and then actually hired (2) other people to fill the spot.

So sparks are flying right now, and if my friend can prove that this change in the post occurred, they're going to can the guy who didn't take the orders to begin with. My friend has no problem letting it go and waiting for another opening, whenever that'll be, but it's just the injustice he's trying to prove now, whether hired or not.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2005#168799 Report

I wish him well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2005#168815 Report
If you still want to find it you can try google's cache.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum