TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Photoshop Crash

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 1st 2005#168486 Report
I've read the old posts, but don't see anything that solves my prob:

(Mac OSX.3 - Photoshop CS)
Photoshop will work for a while, then it will get hung up tring to open a new file.
I've throw the preferences out numerous times, run Disk Utilities and fix permissions, this works temporarily and the problem comes back in a day or so. I have reinstalled the program as well.

Can anyone offer advice?
Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2005#168487 Report
How much RAM do you have?

How much free hard drive space?

Do you have a dedicated hard drive for scratch space?

How many fonts do you have loading in Photoshop?
---»If over 100, you should look into a Pro-Level font management utility.

Do a search of your hard drive for files titled "AdobeFnt*.lst"— where the asterisk can stand for any number, or no number at all. Delete them (DO NOT delete any "Adobe.Fnt.db" files). The "AdobeFnt.lst" files will rebuild themselves as needed.

Are you DEAD SURE your RAM is performing properly? Read the following article, then download and run the recommended utilities to run some tests.
http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20050524014158525
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2005#168489 Report
Thank you so much.
I just installed 2GB of ram to try and solve the problem. I will test it.

As for fonts, we have suspected them for a while. We use SuitcaseX1 to manage the fonts. We aren't sure if it is part of the problem or our fonts. The fonts our company has provided are all messed up. Helvetica lists about 25 versions, but only 4 are available for use. They are a mixed bag of fonts and our IT dept insists they are OK.

when I remove the Adobefnt*lst, what am I removing?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum