TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

the "iPod battery last 18 months" issue?

Page: 1 Reply
May 9th 2005#168122 Report
Anyone heard of that or went through that problem with the iPod's battery?

I was surprised by this when I heard that though

I wanted to know more about it seeing I was gonna buy one pretty soon
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2005#168123 Report
The battery will wear out eventually, just like every battery of that type. It's not a defect or anything, just the way those batteries are designed. It might take a year, it might take 5 years. If you get Applecare on the iPod and the battery is defective, then they'll replace it for free. Or you can get a $40 battery/kit online and replace it yourself if it ever goes dead.

And it doesn't just go dead, it just doesn't hold a charge as long as it did when it was new. Just like a Powerbook battery, or a battery in any other MP3 player.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2005#168126 Report
Wow... must be all that Apple training kicking in!!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2005#168133 Report
[QUOTE=deker]The battery will wear out eventually, just like every battery of that type. It's not a defect or anything, just the way those batteries are designed. It might take a year, it might take 5 years. If you get Applecare on the iPod and the battery is defective, then they'll replace it for free. Or you can get a $40 battery/kit online and replace it yourself if it ever goes dead.

And it doesn't just go dead, it just doesn't hold a charge as long as it did when it was new. Just like a Powerbook battery, or a battery in any other MP3 player.[/QUOTE]

I'm sold. Point your boss to this thread and tell him to make you store manager ASAP
Reply with Quote Reply
May 10th 2005#168147 Report
haha, I feel better now :o

But anyone know which company has the best battery pack for the iPod? Or do you guys will buy the expensive one from Apple?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 10th 2005#168149 Report
there are several companies that sell a replacement battery for about $40. but you have to install it yourself and busting apart your ipod to do it will void your warranty. but really, i wouldn't even worry about it. you'll get a long life out of the device before you even need to worry the battery dying.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 11th 2005#168151 Report
When mine dies, I'm going to send it to Dek so he can replace the battery for me, and it won't void my warranty then. Plus, as pank says, he'll be the store manager by then--so I'll get a HUGE discount!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 11th 2005#168154 Report
My pod hasnt had a noticable change in battery life since i got it two or so years ago.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2005#168162 Report
every lithium battery on earth will die out at some point. Ipods do not come equipt with a timebomb set for 18months. It was just one mans unfortunate story. My ipod is now 20 months old and still gets around 6.5 hours of the advertised 8.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum