TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

IE to have tabbed browsing

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 21st 2005#167701 Report
Yeah, we all knew they would eventually do it:

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=28026
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2005#167708 Report
Since the launch of the beta in December, we are thrilled with the strong consumer interest we have seen. We continue to receive constructive feedback both from consumers and internet enthusiasts, which will help us deliver an industry-leading final product. Feedback topics range from accuracy of search results to suggestions on possible new features. We will continue to incorporate the consumer feedback we receive and we hope to ship the final product in the next few months. We are getting great feedback from beta customers, and continue to improve the product, and are committed to shipping a great solution for consumers when it is ready. (by MSN Spokesperson)

I don't know why it is that when I read that it makes me recall an old statement I once heard, I don't remember where, but it went like this: "Yeah, you're talkin' loud, but you aint' sayin' nothin'"

For some reason that sounds like a bunch of bloated rhetoric that really doesn't hit. It's like throwing a punch and missing...just stroking the air.

I read some of the comments on that forum and it was funny that most of those crazy cats are getting their panties in a knot over tabbed browsing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2005#167728 Report
I hate tabbed browsing, I never use it in Firefox. It just reminds me too much of AOL.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2005#167730 Report
Hmm, I like tabbed browsing. For me, it allows for faster surfing and getting to the information I need. I never used AOL so I wouldn't know about the comparisons. But Firefox does it for me, I just wonder if there's an extension that lets you toggle through the tabs faster via the keyboard...that would be great.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2005#167733 Report
For immediate release:

Microsoft invents "The Wheel", a "circular" device that will allow people to "roll" objects along a surface without having to carry it.

Microsoft is very happy to announce this product to our customers. We really think it is ahead of its time and will revolutionize the industry and the way people use their objects.

Puh-lease.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 22nd 2005#167738 Report
Derek in his usual bad mood. Wait, now you get paid to talk bad about Microsoft don't you Mr. Apple Store?

They only added tabbed browsing because people were asking for it. They never claimed to have invented it, or rediscovered it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 22nd 2005#167740 Report
I don't work at Apple. I only have an interview.

I didn't even read the article, we just haven't had an OS war in a while and the forum is dead...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 22nd 2005#167750 Report
Oh, so you're not getting paid yet, you are just lobbing fodder to help you land the job. I bet you are going to print this out and hand this in as part of your portfolio too eh?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 22nd 2005#167753 Report
Why are you so hostile today Matt? Bad week at work? You know I just bash MS whenever I get the chance, just like you do with Apple. It's good that IE will have tabbed browsing, it'll make the masses more comfortable with that technology. IE is just a steaming pile of crap overall, whether you are a MS hater or supporter or indifferent, it's pretty obvious that that is true.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 22nd 2005#167758 Report
I'm not the hostile one here, I'm just my usual sarcastic-ass self. And don't ask a question like "bad week at work?" When you see those four words in that order, it should be a statement, not a question. I don't care who you are, work is never good. Work and good shouldn't even be in the same sentence, unless it's something like "It's been a long week at work, good thing it's Friday"
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum