TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

If you have time please check this out.

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 1st 2005#167130 Report
I got this from my good friend (and a.k.a Mr. Photoshop) Chris Ness:

Hey-
One of my students, Farah Ahmedi was featured on Good Morning America last Tuesday. She was entered in a contest about people who have overcome adversity. As a child in Afganistan, she had to endure more tragedy than most of us ever will, yet she remains a wonderful, hopeful human. She's really a pleasure to know. Anyway, her story was selected from thousands as one of three finalists. If she wins, she gets her story published & all sorts of other good ****e.
If you have a moment, cast your vote here:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/
If you want to hear more about her & the other 2 finalists, click here:
http://www.simonsays.com/content/feature.cfm?sid=33&feature_id=2859
Thanks,
Chris

It is a remarkable story. I'm not telling or asking you to vote. But if you have time and truly think she deserves your vote I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated. I voted for her and wish her the best.

Good luck Farah!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 1st 2005#167142 Report
And yet our life here is good.We have everything we could ask for, God be praised. I don't have to worry about money.We get disability from the government. I just have to go to school. I come home to a nice apartment. I see my mom and know she is feeling much better.Then Alyce calls, and we tell jokes and trade stories about our day. I feel loved.

I read the story and it really hit home. I'm sure many of us have a story to tell. Someday I'll tell my story, it may not be a number one best seller...but then again, it might.

I voted. Thanks for posting that pank, and I hope Farah wins.

Shalom
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2005#167896 Report
Hey Pank I'm sure you already knew this, but Farah won as the Story of My Life!
I was walking around at Wal Mart the last night when I saw the book on the shelves. I thought, "Wait a minute, I've seen that picture...it's Farah!"

There it was man...it was a good feeling to know she won. I'm glad she did, I think her story topped the others by far.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2005#167923 Report
Yeah that was really cool. Thanks to all of you guys.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum