TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Question of the day

Page: 1 2 Reply
Mar 27th 2005#167014 Report
Well, I'm planning a trip for this summer and I'll be leaving for 1 month. Being a compulsive photographer, I'll probably take a huge amount of photos with my camera. Obviously I take them with the highest quality so I run out of memory pretty fast, even with big cards like 1 gig.

So I was thinking of a different storage for all my photos during the trip. My first option was to buy a laptop, but it's too expensive for me and plus it takes alot of place and need to be protected all the time, so it wasn't very a good idea.

Then I saw this week that they released a new device for the Ipod photo, its a cable that you connect to your camera and you transfer all your images onto your Ipod photo instantly and it's compatible with my camera... http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M9861G/A

It looks like a great way to save up on the memory cards... and plus I can listen to all the music I have! :D

But my question is if anyone else know any other way possible to do this? Other product that are less expensive then an iPod but as secure, etc...

Thanks for any input
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 27th 2005#167017 Report
A portable harddrive?
40GB for $189.99
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2005#167024 Report
Sure, sign up @ FreePhotoiPod.com to get a free iPod Photo. Now... I know what you're thinking.

I live in Canada, and I can't get one, and that's not fair.

Well, I have an idea here>>>

From Gratis Network's TOS "(b) A user must have a valid email address and a valid shipping address in the United States or a U.S. Territory."

You just need to simply get the U.S. to agree to take Canada as a territory. Towards that end I have some more ideas (are I just full of.... 'em?).

1) Recall all Celine Dion CD's and send her off to a convent in B.C. somewhere
2) Admit that Socialized Medicine sucks
3) Admit that the French Canadians did not invent the language
4) Give up the metric system
and finally
5) Let us buy Canadian beer in any quantity with no extra tariffs

I'm sure that's all it will take.

By the way, I'm thinking about doing the same thing when I get my new digital camera (using a Photo iPod for storage).
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2005#167025 Report
Dan, how many more referals do you have until you get yours? I think I'll sign up under you...
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2005#167026 Report
I still have a ways to go, thanks for asking--sorry for the thread hi-jack.

PM sent.

I thought the Canada as a U.S. Territory thing was pretty funny....
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2005#167028 Report
haha at dan making this thread about his free ipod referrals.

galaphile, you can't just plug your camera into a portable hard drive and transfer files. you'd have to have it go through a laptop which would defeat the purpose.

The iPod Photo is a good option though. There are other digital photo storage devices out there that work just like an ipod photo, but they are usually more expensive in my experience, and don't play music or anything else either.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2005#167030 Report
The Extreme III 4 GB compact flash should be coming out soon.

http://www.sandisk.com/retail/ext3-cf.asp
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2005#167032 Report
dek--I thought you could. Nevermind then
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2005#167036 Report
Yeah, I did think of that already Gal, but found out that it wasn't possible.

and I know memory cards are getting bigger and bigger... but let's face it, a 2gb card is like $350 and god knows I'll be using more then 2 gb and on the other side the iPod of 30 or 60gb is $400-$500, plus you can do numerous of things with it, so I think the choice become easy.

I dunno if you were joking Malibu... probably so, but who knows...
Socialized Medicine sucks? Look deeper and you'll find out that you think it sucks because the medias tell you so. In fact we got one of the best medicine system in the world, but you know the medias, they focuse on the crap.

Admit that the French Canadians did not invent the language? lol, I found that funny, can you explain though?

thanks for the input so far guys
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2005#167038 Report
I think what the media REALLY focuses on is ratings and revenue. They want controversy! Nobody wants to tune in to hear, "Today, everyone was happy!" People complain about media being too left or too right. The media is too SENSATIONALISTIC in their politics. Sure, some individuals have agendas in the media, but as a whole, it's about ratings and revenue.

French? Oh, heheh. Montreal is my favorite city in Canada next to Toronto, because over half the population is bilingual, one of those languages being English. I found in Quebec City, my French was USELESS because my French teacher had studied in Paris, and the French they speak in Quebec is NOT the same!!!!

Well, if money is no object, then >>> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-170-328&depa=7

Based on cashflow, this is the one I will probably get... wish I could afford the 4GB >>> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-170-321&depa=7

You will find, when it appears unclear if I'm being a prick or being funny--I'm TRYING to be funny!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum