TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Smart people are somwhat thick.

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 21st 2005#166828 Report
I'm at work experience (in a residential home), and these other two voulenteers
i asked them about their qualifications etc... they said they had about 5 A*'s At GCSE, later on in the day i proceeded to talk to them.
On of them said to me, 'Oh that lady over there wants a cup of T'
I said, yes point? why are you telling me?, make her one.

He said, oh how do i do that... i was amazed, i have a B, and 4 C's and GCSE. Yet I KNEW how to make a cup of tea. They said, theres no milk left, 'Well go to the kitchen, fill up the jug and bring it back' Wheres the milk in the kitchen? Now I'm a hands on guy, i like to interact, and help people, part of the career I'm choosing (nursing). I had been there 2 and half days, and knew where everything was, they had been there 5 days and hadn't a clue... makes me sick... they don't want anything to do with old people, or health profession, so why the **** were they there?

they were only there for 3 hours, if that. 1 of those hours was spent PLAYING POOL. i mean for **** sake, put some pride into your work.

they didn't talk to the residents, they didn't help to try to motivate anyone, and they didn't indulge anyones in dependance.

All i can say is i hope they DON'T go into the health profession, the world would be a worse place if they did.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2005#166844 Report
Agreed. Insensitive morons in a care profession are slightly less worrying than paedophiles in a playschool. Not a sensitive view I realise, but I talk as a former homelessness officer and the partner of a Social Worker.

Doesn't it just make you mad!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 22nd 2005#166857 Report
I'm afraid of nursing homes.

But I have no plans to work in one either.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 22nd 2005#166868 Report
haha Dek, take good care of your kids/wife... or they'll put you in a nursing home when you're old!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum