TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Anybody here use Thunderbird?

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 20th 2005#165960 Report
I was wondering if someone could help me understand how to add multiple email accounts to Mozilla Thunderbird. I managed to get one account on there, but I haven't been successful adding more than one account. I get "login failed" and/or nothing at all. It's as though it just times out.

I don't get the option of adding "outgoing" mail when using POP3, but then I figured I'd add it under the properties of "Outgoing Mail" with the advanced tab, but no luck.

Anybody know how to configure this thing before I end up getting really ticked off and throwing my monitor out the window

Thanks for your time....cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2005#165964 Report
I use Thunderbird, and have 3 separate accounts set up.

Sorry if this sounds too obvious, but have you first established your secondary account(s) with your ISP? If you haven't, then those accounts in T-Bird won't be recognized as valid by the ISP.

After that, it's just a matter of carefully and corrrectly entering the Incoming and Outgoing mail/server information, just as you did with your primary account.

If that doesn't solve your problem, perhaps you need to explain more clearly exactly what your problem is.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2005#165979 Report
Utopian, thanks for your reply. I actually do have my emails hooked up and established. The first account, which works, is set up to port 25, however, I've managed to change the others to port 587 as was recommended from one of my sites and from GMail.

This is what is happening: I go to set up an additional account and I don't get the field requesting outgoing mail, it simply says that it will use my primary (default) address as the outgoing mail. Makes no sense to me.

So I then go to "properties" and click on the Outgoing tab at the bottom and it's set to my default email account. I then click the "Advanced" tab where I can "add" the outgoing mail settings to the other accounts, which is still to no avail.

I was on T-bird 0.9 and am now going on to 1.0 but would that have much of an affect, in regards to setting up multiple email accounts?

Do I also leave the box marked as Global Inbox settings, or uncheck it to make a separate folder for each account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time, look forward to some more responses.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2005#165981 Report
I'm a Maccer.

I don't know from ports.

But for your secondary account(s) click on the "Tools" menu and go to "Account Settings...". From the dialogue that comes up you should be able to enter the serverr info you want to use.

If you're trying to set up the secondary account(s) to use G-Mail (or something else) for outgoing mail instead of your ISP's mail servers, I can't help you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2005#165982 Report
Utopian, I can't wait to become a maccer. But this is the way gmail offers help to set up:
http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13285

Now you'll notice step 5...I don't get that when I'm setting up a secondary or tertiary account. I've set up one email which is mail.domain.com and that's incoming and outgoing. I tried setting up another email account using mail.domain.com for another site I have but that's when it stops working.

I followed GMail's information and I get nada, zilch, zero. So I don't know if you can help me there, but either way, thanks for taking the time to respond.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum