TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

GMail in 2nd phase of testing....

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 19th 2005#165933 Report
Before I got an invite to Gmail, I signed up to receive a GMail updates, and finally got an email from Google:
==================
Hi there,

Thanks for signing up to be updated on the latest Gmail happenings. We hope it's been worth the wait, because we're excited to finally offer you an invitation to open a free Gmail account! Just click on this link to create your new account:

*link removed*

Since last April, we've been working hard to create the best email service possible. It already comes with 1,000 megabytes of free storage, powerful Google search technology to find any message you want instantly, and a new way of organizing email that saves you time and helps you make sense of all the information in your inbox.

And here are just some of the things that we've added in the last few months:

- Free POP access: Take your messages with you. Download them, read them offline, access them using Outlook, your Blackberry or any other device that supports POP

- Gmail Notifier: Get new mail notifications and see the messages and their senders without having to open a browser

- Better contacts management: Import your contacts from Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, Outlook, and others to Gmail in just a few clicks. Add phone numbers, notes and more. Even use search to keep better track of it all.

We also wanted to thank you. For showing us your support and for being so patient. And to those who have already signed up for Gmail, thank you for giving it a try and for helping us make it better. Our users are what have made this product great. So whether you're just signing up for your account or you've been with us since the beginning, keep letting us know how we can build you the best email service around.

That's it for now. We hope you like Gmail and will share it with your friends. We've got lots of cool new stuff planned and we can't wait for you to see our work in your Gmail accounts! Stay tuned...

Thanks,
The Gmail Team
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 19th 2005#165936 Report
So matty, what're you trying to say?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 19th 2005#165943 Report
Well I guess in a roundabout way, I was saying 'dat Gmail is likely a short period away from going public.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 19th 2005#165947 Report
yeah - I got one of those too - they invited me to open up an account hihi... I allready have one but what the heck..
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 19th 2005#165952 Report
I wish someone would take the GMailFS a step further, and allow me to do RAID0 across as many GMail accounts as I want, then I would send all 50 of my invites to myself and have a 50GB online storage drive.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2005#165967 Report
That would be awesome matt, I look forward to that raiding and it'll be tight ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum